• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dragon won't gain tactics?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a Greater Dragon with low tactics skill, it loses 0.1 when it dies, but will not gain, any suggestions?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what are you fighting? Choose something with similar level skill maybe?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to kill mobs within + or - 20 points of Tactics of your pet.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tried it, still not going up,

It's an exploited Greater Dragon 4>5 slots, not sure if that makes any difference.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
tried it, still not going up,

It's an exploited Greater Dragon 4>5 slots, not sure if that makes any difference.

Are you going to log out if it is about to die?

Does the lore say it can increase? EC has a / CC rolls.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What level is it at?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's currently a 5 slot greater dragon, on EC it shows 28/115 tactics.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm, it's going up now...i guess it was finding it difficult to gain on creatures that die from magic before the drag even touches it...

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's currently a 5 slot greater dragon, on EC it shows 28/115 tactics.

Ya with 15 tactics you have to find something it can hit. Thats an Exploit pet alright. I may just report you to a higher authority.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can also find overcapped stats on cold drakes. They are 3 slot and will be just as good as that thing that should be deleted. :sword:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Have you seen the stats on the 4 slot dragons (was plenty on Atlantic stable vendors the past few weeks)? Even trained that last level they will be less dps than most everything else that can be trained to 5.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you seen the stats on the 4 slot dragons (was plenty on Atlantic stable vendors the past few weeks)? Even trained that last level they will be less dps than most everything else that can be trained to 5.
A 4 slot dragon or turtle that is fresh will be able to add resists and regens. Also you can max damage.

I keep saying the exploit pets are not that much better. There was a major drawback in the method.

But, some people think high mana makes them better. I lore and see everythings mana drop tp <50 in a few minutes.

Except for my Chiv Lesser. He rocks his unexplotedness. :party:

I need to post my cold drake and show people what stats they can spawn with.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Cold Drakes are one of the best pets right now, few people understand their potential though. Not to mention they can save you 40 million in tactics scrolls alone

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pawain , why is a 3 slot cold drake better than a 3 slot white wyrm? pardon my ignorance.

"Millennia ago, they abandoned their belief in the supernatural. Now you are asking me to sabotage that achievement, to send them back into the dark ages of superstition and ignorance and fear? NO!" Luc 3:4

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain , why is a 3 slot cold drake better than a 3 slot white wyrm? pardon my ignorance.
That would be mine. I dont like the large dragon creatures in CC. I have never even lored one of those. So my answer is: Because they are smaller.

I haven't gotten around to everything yet. Still have to train up a stone slith.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Cold drakes are three slots, spawn with (using norm not full ranges) 115-125 tactics, 105-115 wrestling, 610-660 str, and 480-500 hits. They have one innate ability dragons breath. They can learn myst, chiv, sw

After patch 3 slot white wyrms spawn with... less health, 350-450 strength (yet to see a super str ww spawn at 3) no good overlaps on skills. Their stats are much lower due to the "magery/eval penalty" as that costs 1500 training points. However they don't have any abilities other than their magery.