• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dragon Wolf on Todays training List.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see much about the Dragon Wolf and I had not seen one that I like or felt was worth taming until last night when I popped this one. His resisting spells and Str are the best I have seen so far. Took 13 failed taming attempts to tame him and long long strings of you anger him messages. He is as fickle as the Najisaurus and requires regular feeding to stay compliant. His resist SUCK but he did start out life with 87 wrest and tactics and 125.3 resiting and a big 0 for anat. Even the worst ones I have seen have been 4 slot pets, so you are only going to get one training round to get right.

This one is going to get Stam, Dex, resist bumped way up, HPR, MR and will see what points I have left for scrolls if I feel he is even worth scrolling and anything left over into HP or Mana. Thus far I have very unimpressed with 4 slot pets, after bumping resist, stam, MR and HPR there are not many points left and the 4 slot pet in the end pans out to be far inferior to a 1-3 slot pet. The hope for the Dragon wolf though is his high Str and HP will be the exception to my 4 slot pet rule.

I have started training everythings skills up to 100 before making the 5 slot jump, again easier to do on the lower slot pets as you can add the resist, stam and HPR which is very beneficial in training up the skills. 4 slot pets.......... well take a lot of bandages or a meat shield.

Dragon Wolf.jpg DW2.jpg DW3.jpg DW4.jpg

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL Just noticed the shadow el I was beating on last night survived server down and up. he is prime training for 90- heading for 120 skill pets :) If you didn't know critters you beat on or in the case of sheep that beat on you gain skill, just like you or pets do. The higher the skill in relation to you or your pets skill the faster the gains go. This el is in that sweet spot for 85is to 115 skills to gain very good on.

shadow el.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They have amazing str. It will surpass my 2 slot nightmare, I'm sure.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Todays meat shield tanking the El is a blue beetle that I am finishing up. Poor beetle had a unfortunate run in with 3 hiryus, 2 Rune Beetles, and a lady of snow on one of last nights T maps and lost his 100 resisting :( Need to finish him up so brought him to th prime el where he already went from 118.2 wrestle to 120 another 30-40 min he will be finished.

todays meat shield.jpg

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What did you find impressive about them?
Good power, mage mastery was good after the fixed AI that made them stand there looking stupid trying to cast and avoiding melee, Rideable, and have a decent DPS between combat and mage.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stage one Pre Training.......Training is complete. Now to head out and beat up four dread pirates for 100% needed to go to 5 slot. He will hit 100 anat beating on the pirates :)

Todays Stage 1 skill training is complete.jpg

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well finished him up to a 5 slot hardest pet so far to get the from 4-5 he does too much damage to keep the DPs alive long enough for max gains had to pull him and them regen back up to full health 3x for every 25%. Only had 1300 points to work with when I got him to 5 slot. That made the choices difficult. I opted not to feed him any scrolls and instead focus on resist, MR, HPR Stam, and gave him a few more HP and a little more mana and put battle defense on him. Don't love him but don't hate him either He does hit like a sledge hammer and with the resist and HPR combined with the battle defense he should be a decent pet in battle. At the end of the day there is only so much you can do with 1300 points and one slot jump. But we shall soon see how he holds up with GM skills and that overcapped str. He may end up impressing or be one of those pets you only take out to scare the kids while trick or treating.

dwt1.jpg dwt2.jpg dwt3.jpg dwt4.jpg

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
if I'm not mistaken any level 6's or 7's have a chance to spawn them, and in any area.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if I'm not mistaken any level 6's or 7's have a chance to spawn them, and in any area.
Probably 6s then because 7s have gotten to be about as rare as clean useful legendary arties for me :)

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't see much about the Dragon Wolf and I had not seen one that I like or felt was worth taming until last night when I popped this one. His resisting spells and Str are the best I have seen so far. Took 13 failed taming attempts to tame him and long long strings of you anger him messages. He is as fickle as the Najisaurus and requires regular feeding to stay compliant. His resist SUCK but he did start out life with 87 wrest and tactics and 125.3 resiting and a big 0 for anat. Even the worst ones I have seen have been 4 slot pets, so you are only going to get one training round to get right.

This one is going to get Stam, Dex, resist bumped way up, HPR, MR and will see what points I have left for scrolls if I feel he is even worth scrolling and anything left over into HP or Mana. Thus far I have very unimpressed with 4 slot pets, after bumping resist, stam, MR and HPR there are not many points left and the 4 slot pet in the end pans out to be far inferior to a 1-3 slot pet. The hope for the Dragon wolf though is his high Str and HP will be the exception to my 4 slot pet rule.

I have started training everythings skills up to 100 before making the 5 slot jump, again easier to do on the lower slot pets as you can add the resist, stam and HPR which is very beneficial in training up the skills. 4 slot pets.......... well take a lot of bandages or a meat shield.

View attachment 67017 View attachment 67018 View attachment 67019 View attachment 67020

Here is the one I just tamed from a tmap. Took 2 taming attempts.

WolfDragon.jpg

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Here is the one I just tamed from a tmap. Took 2 taming attempts.

View attachment 84794
Is that a 4 slot also? I'd love to have one of these, but of course I want a 3 slot which appears to be very rare. A week or so ago a guildy dug one up and called me over but it was 4 slot and the stats were not as good as I've seen posted here. If I had to guess, the one I saw was just barely above 3 slot stats.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is that a 4 slot also? I'd love to have one of these, but of course I want a 3 slot which appears to be very rare. A week or so ago a guildy dug one up and called me over but it was 4 slot and the stats were not as good as I've seen posted here. If I had to guess, the one I saw was just barely above 3 slot stats.
Yes 4 slots. Has anyone seen a 3 slot? I think they all spawn 4.

Decado

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I got a decent 3 slot from a treasure chest spawn. Here it is just before being advance to a 4 slot - can't quite make my mind up on what to go for with it.
dragonwolf.png

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I got a 3 slot dragon wolf last week, so they're still spawning, just pretty rare. Just finished leveling it.