• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dragon Turtle melee debuff

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hellos,

I have now soloed dragon turtle over 20 times. And I still have no idea how melee debuff works:confused2: (one that cuts damage).
Sometimes I can solo the whole turtle in 10 min :party: sometimes it takes over an hour!:thumbdown: So sometimes it just keeps using debuff and sometimes it loses it and does not cast anymore. So is there a way to control debuff somehow.. or is it totally random?

PS: Mana drain or stamina drain on a weapon does NOT have an effect on this one.

Last edited:

Mayhem

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand the Turtle mechanic. Sometimes I can attack him and hit repeatedly, other times its takes a whole lot of messing with to get the attacks rolling, its like the rng is messing with my hld...very frustrating.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't understand the Turtle mechanic. Sometimes I can attack him and hit repeatedly, other times its takes a whole lot of messing with to get the attacks rolling, its like the rng is messing with my hld...very frustrating.
Yup, had this one out a year or 2 ago now. I still swear there is some kind of hidden buff the turtle gets (I use CC so can't vouch for EC). There are times you can stand toe to toe and maybe only hit once in 20 swings and when you do hit it's such ridiculously low damage it just wasn't worth it. The swing missing marathons used to drive me nuts!

Sometimes I've just gotten bored missing every swing, gone for a drink, a bite to eat and came back 5 minutes later to have another go and hey! Presto! I don't miss a single swing from start to finish with every hit 160ish. It truly baffles me. I'm convinced it's either a hidden buff or it's just plain broken/buggy!

Sometimes, just like the OP, I've spent what feels like an hour on the Turtle alone!! And sometimes it only takes 5 minutes!!! :rolleyes2: To this day, this is probably still my fastest kill which includes some running and a disconnect!! :D