• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dragon Turtle Hatchlings and Battle Chicken Lizards

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
So I just got a dragon turtle egg. I can't find any information on them, how many control slots are they at spawn, are they trainable to 5 slots if they don't spawn at 5? Are they useful for anything? Do they have any special abilities or magics? Just curious if they are useful for anything or if they pretty much just take up a stable slot.

The 1 page I did find about them on uoguide was intermixed with Battle Chicken Lizards. What the heck are these things? Considering I can't find any info on them I'm guessing this was something from a bygone era but I'm not sure. I found something saying they hatch at 1 control slot, are they trainable to 2,3,4 or 5? Do they have pack instincts? Was there a specific purpose to these things like battling other peoples battles chicken lizards?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dragon turtle is a 5 slot pet that is sometimes 4 slots.
Neither are useful.
Chicken lizard is 1 slot. Can not be trained higher.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dragon turtle hatchlings are the same as a random greater dragon, but without the ability to fly.
All the ones I've hatched have been 5-slot, but then I've never seen a 4-slot greater dragon either.
At one time it was possible to release- and retame a dragon turtle hatchling to bring it down to 4-slot. I believe this is no longer possible. Further, any dragon turtle hatchling that had this procedure performed on it back when this was possible got messed up in the Great Pet Revert.

Since you can Lore a number of greater dragons before taming one, say, 20 of them, odds are about 95% that the greater dragon you tame will be a better pet than a dragon turtle hatchling that you hatched. If the developers wanted people to bring dragon turtle hatchlings to EM events instead of greater dragons, well, they should rethink what's happening here, or make dragon turtle eggs more common / easier to get.

The dragon turtle hatchlings and the chicken lizards would have been on the same page because both use the incubator to hatch.

Back when we had pet battles, one time we did battle chicken lizards. These can't be Trained. You have to hatch one with good stats then skill it up. That's an interesting playing field leveler, since there's no choosing of skills and no using scrools on the pet. I hatched, I think, 30 of them, and skilled up the one with the best stats.

Whoever gave you a dragon turtle egg did not do you a favor.

If you're ever on Baja, and you know you are, find me and ask why we don't do pet battles any more.
-L