• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dragon Barding Deeds

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
WTF am I doing wrong? I actually hope this is just me forgetting something.
I'm trying to make shadow deeds for my swampy. I'm 120 smithy, 180 with hammer. I have 3k shadow ingots in my pack, no other ingots. I have a nice smithy talisman equipped. I have my smith hammer set to shadow ingots.
When I make the deed, it's just making plain, iron deeds to matter what I try.

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
meez trie on da test center - worked rite dere. hmm yooz maybe bugged? hab fun waitin fur da GM

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
S.S. Do you have both plain iron and colored ingots on you? If you do for some reason it will default to the plain iron.

I don't know why but it will.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
S.S. Do you have both plain iron and colored ingots on you? If you do for some reason it will default to the plain iron.

I don't know why but it will.
It "defaults" to the type of metal you select...

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It "defaults" to the type of metal you select...
It's SUPPOSED to. I have had it happen where I had iron on me and I had Valorite. I select the valorite and proceeded to make the item. It made a iron item.

It reset to iron. Also if you have multiple tools in your bag, you don't have the tool you are using equipped, and you click on on of the others rather than the one you

were using it will mess up. WHY, because one is set and one is not. This game HAS more bugs than the ORKIN MAN could handle.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's SUPPOSED to. I have had it happen where I had iron on me and I had Valorite. I select the valorite and proceeded to make the item. It made a iron item.

It reset to iron. Also if you have multiple tools in your bag, you don't have the tool you are using equipped, and you click on on of the others rather than the one you

were using it will mess up. WHY, because one is set and one is not. This game HAS more bugs than the ORKIN MAN could handle.
Ya players craft every day. None of what you wrote is true.

You can have 5 tools, when you set 1 they all are set. You do not have to reset it when the tool runs out.

The OP had a case of Operator Error.

Last edited:

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Have you opted to not use colour of the ingots you are using?
utan färg.jpg
If you have the * in front of ingot you have choosen it will not colour your items.
You change it in the choose ingots menu.
med färg.jpg
To have it to use the colours of your selected ingots it should look like this so you have the option to change to "do not colour".

Dimax

Adventurer
Professional
Supporter
I'm in CC and had no issues crafting shadow Barding deeds yesterday.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
View attachment 116186
If you have the * in front of ingot you have choosen it will not colour your items.
View attachment 116187
To have it to use the colours of your selected ingots it should look like this so you have the option to change to "do not colour".
This is the only option that makes sense.

He specifically stated he had NO iron ingots in his pack, had it set to Shadow.....there is always one little thing that you'll forget, or accidently click on or off and then feel so stupid when you realize what you've done.

I did with cooking BODs why my points were not banking and I was frustrated as all get out trying to figure out why my points were not banking....*shakes head*
I turn my *Do no mark* most of the time because I know at least for me? I don't want someone elses name on my furniture or whatever, but then forget to turn it on for important things.

You (The OP) might have mistakenly hit that option to *Do not color* and didn't even realized it, and when you made your Barding didn't even mouse over it to check...just noticed the color of the deed. Been there and done that too!

No shame in it, we've all done it! I hope this was the error and that you have remedied the situation!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 116186
View attachment 116187
The deeds are iron colored if you do this. :thumbup1:

Only way to tell would be to look at the resists of the Swampy.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is the only option that makes sense.

He specifically stated he had NO iron ingots in his pack, had it set to Shadow.....there is always one little thing that you'll forget, or accidently click on or off and then feel so stupid when you realize what you've done.

I did with cooking BODs why my points were not banking and I was frustrated as all get out trying to figure out why my points were not banking....*shakes head*
I turn my *Do no mark* most of the time because I know at least for me? I don't want someone elses name on my furniture or whatever, but then forget to turn it on for important things.

You (The OP) might have mistakenly hit that option to *Do not color* and didn't even realized it, and when you made your Barding didn't even mouse over it to check...just noticed the color of the deed. Been there and done that too!

No shame in it, we've all done it! I hope this was the error and that you have remedied the situation!
*She
I thought about this being the problem, but can't be. It's still using my shadow ingots, but when used on my swampy, it still had 12k points. Shadow should have 17k.

Going to copy over to test, hopefully figure out the problem so I can quit wasting my shadow ingots.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*She
I thought about this being the problem, but can't be. It's still using my shadow ingots, but when used on my swampy, it still had 12k points. Shadow should have 17k.
Show a pic of the smith screen.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That asterisk is telling you it is not set to use the color. As Chrille said you need to click the shadow button and
click Use material color.

1612374896084.png

Then do the same with scales.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Click which shadow button?

N/m, I got it! As I was hoping, just user error. I had coloring button words backwards on how they needed to be.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Click which shadow button?

N/m, I got it! As I was hoping, just user error. I had coloring button words backwards on how they needed to be.
Yes some of the clickys seem backwards.

Last edited: