• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mysticism] Downtime got me thinking/Template Advice

curlybeard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The recent downtime gave me a moment to think of ways to improve my template in PvM; trammel champ spawns, peerless, etc.

My thought is to run:
115 Magery
85 Poisoning
120 Mysticism
120 Focus
120 Musicianship
120 Discordance
100 Spellweaving

I would use DP fields, wildfire, and hailstorm to clear low level stuff. Then use discord, RC, and some direct damage spells for the boss.

I would switch between a one-handed mageweapon and a scrapper depending on the situation.

What are the pitfalls of the approach?

My suit would have 14 MR, 40 LMC, 100 LRC, 35ish SDI (w/o scrapper), 6 FCR (w/o scrapper), and all 75s in Stone Form with protection.

5% Luck

Well droping the magery down to 92(100% lvl 6) might net you 120 weaving for more reliable WoD and a little more poisoning. Just enough to invisi reliably since you dont have eval and can still res from a scroll well enough.

The real drawback is resist spells and most players, I find, dont find it necessary as much at least, as I do. Otherwise as a pair or in a party it should be very feasible to run those champs effectively but as far as champs go WoD is the better of the spells once it starts healing near redline. Casting it reliably might be the best route!