• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Downloading and Installing Ultima Online.

J

Jack SIn

I played UO for about 7-8 years, quitting around the time samurai empire or age of shadows came out, i forget which. I'm thinking of possibly comming back, but each time I download the 14 day trial, I get errors in both data10.cab and in ArtAnimation5.uop which causes my install to fail.

Does anyone have any advice so I can play the game before my 14 day trial runs out and I don't get to play?

T

Tazar

Are you using some form of download manager? I am not techie enough to direct you to one, but have heard that it really helps!

K

Kiminality

If you're using Firefox, get the "DownThemAll" addon, and use that to download the client. If sounds like the download is broken...

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I played UO for about 7-8 years, quitting around the time samurai empire or age of shadows came out, i forget which. I'm thinking of possibly comming back, but each time I download the 14 day trial, I get errors in both data10.cab and in ArtAnimation5.uop which causes my install to fail.

Does anyone have any advice so I can play the game before my 14 day trial runs out and I don't get to play?
*Shrug* I just went through all this .... :(

Are you downloading the 14 Day Free Trial KR (Kingdom Reborn)? If so the one I downloaded had no issues and installed fine. about 30 minutes of updateing at 1.5mb DSL.

I did see a subsequent post by UO that they had rebuilt that download to include all the patches to what ever the current publish was at that time. Perhaps they had a build error and this may need to be brought to their attention.

IF you did download the KR, you may want to really look at the Mondain's Legacy Free Trial instead.

If you can not find it, then let me know and I can do a Google for it. I got REALLY good at that when I was trying to navigate to a point of having a Mondain's Legacy enabled Account.

In the end I simply bought a UO 9th Anniversary Boxed Edition from a EBay store for $24US that gave me a New Account code and an Upgrade Account Code. Something I could NOT do using uogamecodes.com because the account was not 30 days old and I think the 30 days is 30 PAID days so .....

I am sure there WAS a free trial of Mondain's Legacy and that is really the one you want to get. The KR Client can be downloaded seperatly if that is what you want and you can use the account(s) you established with the ML install. Well Account Name/Password that is, as far as I can tell they can not be the same directory.

L

Lord Drakelord

File manager will help with the download. Also you can try http://www.fileplanet.com/150525/150000/fileinfo/Ultima-Online-Gold-15-day-Trial