• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Double Slayer weapons?

UOMarissa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't been doing any smithing and can't seem to find any information on this one. I remember you could use a runic hammer and possibly get a double slayer weapon. Is this still true??

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not with normal items.

Certain recipe items that have a slayer property did give a chance to get a second slayer as an additional property, but this has been sporadic, at best, since theymade some changes to the property generation system to keep weapons from having two different "hit (spell)" effects.

Since that change occurred, some people have claimed to have still gotten double slayers from the slayer recipes (Butcher's War Cleaver, Slayer Bow), while others have stated that they spent hundreds of runic charges with no doubles.

UOMarissa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the quick response :) I didn't think they could be made any longer, but while cleaning out my house I found a double slayer crafted by my crafter. I am gonna hide it again...hahaha

E

eolsunder

Yes you can do it with slayer bows, i made up a bunch of them trying to get a great double slayer, but sadly none of them came out with good 2 slayer properties.

chances are if someone was trying to get a double slayer out of the double slayer bows, they either had very very bad luck, or maybe made the wrong bow.

You can also make double slayers out of the undead maces, i have plenty of double slayers with that also, but again nothing that has 2 that work well together.

I did make a undead slayer/dragon slayer.. but i think that skeletal dragons aren't considered both so it didn't work like i expected against them.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Undead/dragon slayer Silver-etched mace is good on the third stage of the Tokuno champ spawn, where the spawn is lesser Hiyru and Revenant Lions.