• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Double Slayer Info?

H

Hopeful

Some have posted about double slayer wepons. I have seen a few maces in Luna going for more gold than Ill ever have. Before the site crashed months ago there was a ton of info on this. I figure most knowledge posted here is based in experence and commited to memory. If not is there archive link to info about these weapons? I always seem to learn about things after they change them. I recall there were certain weps that give the slayer property that could be crafted with an additional one. Is this valid?
Is there a place I can read about the most current rules or updates? Aside from the latest pub changes?
Ive been directed to some pages in the past that are older than I am. How can I stay ahead of the curve?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Part of the problem is that there are conflicting reports as to whether the double slayers still are possible. Some people have posted they've made some recently, while others say they've crafted hundreds of the special weapons since the publish that eliminated the ability to get two "hit (spell)" (lighting, fireball, etc.) properties from a combination of recipe & runic, with no double slayers.

Typically, asking here is the best bet.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Silver etched maces will always have the undead slayer property, so it is possible to craft a double slayer. On the fletching side, you have the slayer longbow that will always have a random slayer property and the possiblity of having two if crafted with a runic.

I haven't made any of these recently, but I do have some low level runic hammers (dull and shadow) that I could burn and see if I get any double slayers.

H

Hopeful

Darn... that silver etched mace recipe is rare aint it? Never even seen one. As for the double spell, Ive only seen area spells with harm,lightening or fireball on same wep, but thats another property isnt it?
I really like the lighteninig spell. Is the damage output from these spells determined by monster resisist to it? Lets say Ive got a -20 mage wep with SC ML and fireball. Is this spell more powerful because Im GM mage 100 (-20 from120)? Boy that sounds like a killer wep :).
Sorry for going off topic. I hope my questions help others that are new. Its very tough to dig up some of this info. I hope they print a new playguide for SA so newbies can study abit.
Ive heard of double slayer spell books. Im slowly training a scribe/alchemist. Is this still possible?Was it ever?
Thanks for all the help. After 2 years playing I still know squat.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It itsn't one of the very rare ones to get. I think I've gotten several of them and I normally don't do the blacksmithing quests unless I'm making a new smith on a new shard.

The hit spell damage output from a weapon doesn't get increased if you have magery even if you have a Mage weapon. If you had a -20 mage weapon and 120 magery, it would decrease your magery to 100 and in exchange you will get 100 in that weapon skill. If you put on the crystalline ring which has +20 magery it would offset the -20 from the weapon so essentially you would have 120 magery and 120 weapon skill.

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There used to be a bug with when crafting medable armor that the item would roll "mage armor" property and count towards one of the runic bonuses no matter what item you made.For example If you made normal leather leggings you should not get "mage armor" property on it becasue they are medable to begin with but the bug allowed for you to roll the "mage armor" tag anyways wand when you did it would count towards on of the runic bonuses form the hammer/sewing kit and would not show up on th eleggins anyways.So about 3-4 months back the devs fixed it,but in the process made it nearly impossible to make a double slayer.

I have made about 34 butchers war cleavers and probably 20-30 silver ethced maces since the change and havent got a single double slayer in either weapon,and before the change I couldget 2-3 double slayers for every copper hammer I burned.I even have a lizardman/bovine slayer butchers war cleaver.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, you used to be able to get double slayers from a couple of the recipe items but they took that away when they fixed double rolls. Personally I have a few Undead/Reptile double slayer silver etched mace's i've made that I really like. You can no longer craft these as far as I know. I ripped a couple hundred off on test center with a high level runic and got none.

You also used to be able to get double slayer swords from the pally newby quest but that is gone now as well. In fact, I had a friend who had a triple slayer from the quest. However, he lost it when he quit and his house IDOC'ed.