• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Double Exceptional vs 'Of Exceptional Quality'?

S

siyeng0

Well, I just did my very first IDOC. *pleased* One thing that I picked up while everybody else was running around complaining about the lack of good loot was a bagful of wooden benches. (Benches! Thousands of them! You've never seen so many benches!)

Anyway. About two thirds of these benches have the double exceptional label ('a wooden bench of exceptional quality') while the rest are simply named 'of exceptional quality.' I was just wondering, which ones are worth more? I understand that wooden benches are the least valuable of the double exceptional items because carpenters made and still make hundreds (thousands millons BILLIONS *is traumatised by that IDOC*), but I've always wondered whether double exceptional or 'of exceptional quality' items are more prized.

(I also picked up a valorite lantern and shadow iron armour, both named 'of exceptional quality,' so I'm a bit curious about this at the moment.)

K

kray2s

Hi,

The benches you got are roughly the same age(ish), The ones tagged "of exceptional quality" and the ones tagged "a wooden bench of exceptional quality, Exceptional" go for the same ammounts, approx 100 to 250k each.

If however, your bench says "a wooden bench of exceptional quality, [Exceptional]" (notice the bracket thingies) then you are looking at 2 to maybe 3 mill if you find the right buyer.

I guess the armour is around about the same prices. However i am unsure if mods or resists play a part in the value of such pieces so may be worth asking around further

S

siyeng0

Hi,

The benches you got are roughly the same age(ish), The ones tagged "of exceptional quality" and the ones tagged "a wooden bench of exceptional quality, Exceptional" go for the same ammounts, approx 100 to 250k each.

If however, your bench says "a wooden bench of exceptional quality, [Exceptional]" (notice the bracket thingies) then you are looking at 2 to maybe 3 mill if you find the right buyer.

I guess the armour is around about the same prices. However i am unsure if mods or resists play a part in the value of such pieces so may be worth asking around further
Okay, thank you! That was a great help. :) Alas, I didn't get any bracketed ones, but I'll definitely look out for them in future. Thanks again!