• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Double conflag throwing

Low

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok is this a bug, exploit or what cause I see it all the time yet can't replicate it.

Wth...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok is this a bug, exploit or what cause I see it all the time yet can't replicate it.

Wth...

It's been reported here on stratics, to replicate it, double click a conflag potion, wait a moment before throwing it, then target/lastobject and a second potion target would show up.

The whole reason this is possible is because the fire fields from the potion are delayed. - it should be a pretty easy fix.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just press it again really fast. The amount of times I've been called a "scripter" for this is hilarious.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It's been reported here on stratics, to replicate it, double click a conflag potion, wait a moment before throwing it, then target/lastobject and a second potion target would show up.

The whole reason this is possible is because the fire fields from the potion are delayed. - it should be a pretty easy fix.
Reported back in 2012...

Low

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Ya tried...doesn't work. Just throws one then gives timer :/

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't worry guys it's "in the system". Give it a couple more years. You lot are so impatient!!

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think its working as intended. If it was a single conflag it'd be pretty worthless, i think the Devs are smart enough to have done this intentionally as not to make a worthless addition to the game. Bravo dev team for the double conflag its great.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's funny because you waste 100 SKILL point in Alchemy to have just 3 OFFENSIVE pots, one is good just for choke points ( greater explo), one has a long timer good to get kills when target is redlined sometimes ( novas) , the conflags are good when you run away from a multiple group of nubs and you can go offensive in corridors etc but they need to be really nubs to enter in them and it works good just in certain situations ....

So 100 skill points given away for just three pots ..... I don't understand the problem here.

I prolly died once in two years to a double conflag

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's funny because you waste 100 SKILL point in Alchemy to have just 3 OFFENSIVE pots, one is good just for choke points ( greater explo), one has a long timer good to get kills when target is redlined sometimes ( novas) , the conflags are good when you run away from a multiple group of nubs and you can go offensive in corridors etc but they need to be really nubs to enter in them and it works good just in certain situations ....

So 100 skill points given away for just three pots ..... I don't understand the problem here.

I prolly died once in two years to a double conflag
Waste is an odd way to put it. Alchemy gives great bonus for str/dex pots, helps cure more often vs DP, and heals for more with heal pots. It is a highly useful skill. Nova timer is two minutes. It is not that long. Conflags can be useful in many situations. I use the double conflags, but wouldn't mind if they fixed it.

Low

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Waste is an odd way to put it. Alchemy gives great bonus for str/dex pots, helps cure more often vs DP, and heals for more with heal pots. It is a highly useful skill. Nova timer is two minutes. It is not that long. Conflags can be useful in many situations. I use the double conflags, but wouldn't mind if they fixed it.
Is there a special way to use double cause the description above just throws one.. :( like double click > last object > target self? That throws one

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a special way to use double cause the description above just throws one.. :( like double click > last object > target self? That throws one

Throw one conflag, then hit the macro again as fast as you can (repeatedly if you need to), until you get another cursor target.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Make a macro for conflag. Throw one anywhere on the screen- there is a delay before it actually gets thrown down- in that delay you need to hit the macro again to bring up the cursor.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use to be able to throw three Greater Explosion pots with one macro. Did they ever fix this?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think its working as intended. If it was a single conflag it'd be pretty worthless, i think the Devs are smart enough to have done this intentionally as not to make a worthless addition to the game. Bravo dev team for the double conflag its great.
Worthless is a strong word, It would be less effective, but still very useful in all the same situations it is right now.
People would just have to learn better timing/targeting with conflags.... if it ever gets fixed, anyway.

the 2nd part of your post isn't the case, It's been confirmed as a "bug" by Misk later in the bug report thread. -Which is why it's so upsetting that it hasn't been fixed by now.

Use to be able to throw three Greater Explosion pots with one macro. Did they ever fix this?
They fixed the part where the explosion potions were guaranteed to hit if they were timed correctly, but you can still throw 3 potions with a single macro. (they fixed what was broken about it) -yes.

if you target yourself with both potions you won't notice a 2nd one go off if you're standing still.

The fire-fields don't stack, you need to target two different locations OR with Target self you need to be moving when you use two potions to notice it.

Low

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Worthless is a strong word, It would be less effective, but still very useful in all the same situations it is right now.
People would just have to learn better timing/targeting with conflags.... if it ever gets fixed, anyway.

the 2nd part of your post isn't the case, It's been confirmed as a "bug" by Misk later in the bug report thread. -Which is why it's so upsetting that it hasn't been fixed by now.

They fixed the part where the explosion potions were guaranteed to hit if they were timed correctly, but you can still throw 3 potions with a single macro. (they fixed what was broken about it) -yes.

if you target yourself with both potions you won't notice a 2nd one go off if you're standing still.

The fire-fields don't stack, you need to target two different locations OR with Target self you need to be moving when you use two potions to notice it.
With target self it still doesn't throw two as my potions only decrease by one. So maybe cause it's the same location. Cause I'm spamming the macro.

Question so say someone's on u and u throw three explo > conflag > nova...is that possible?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With target self it still doesn't throw two as my potions only decrease by one. So maybe cause it's the same location. Cause I'm spamming the macro.

Question so say someone's on u and u throw three explo > conflag > nova...is that possible?

1) You have to make sure you hit the macro that "double clicks" the potion after you throw the first potion but before the first potions fire-fields appear. (it's a very small window, maybe 0.5s at most).

2) It's possible to set a macro for all of that to happen, but it wouldn't be effective, in pvp.

Explosion potions take 4 (3-0) seconds before they explode, even throwing them at the fastest you could, it would be a minimum of 7 seconds before just they explode. by that time, the victim of it would have to be client-crashed or completely oblivious as to what's going on for it to all hit.

Low

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
1) You have to make sure you hit the macro that "double clicks" the potion after you throw the first potion but before the first potions fire-fields appear. (it's a very small window, maybe 0.5s at most).

2) It's possible to set a macro for all of that to happen, but it wouldn't be effective, in pvp.

Explosion potions take 4 (3-0) seconds before they explode, even throwing them at the fastest you could, it would be a minimum of 7 seconds before just they explode. by that time, the victim of it would have to be client-crashed or completely oblivious as to what's going on for it to all hit.
Touché

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooohhh alchemy mastery ideas!!

Innate Explosion Pot Defense..(no damage from explosion pots)

10% stacked enhanced Potions -To exceed the 50% hard cap for items so at GM Alchy when activated gives you 90% total Enhanced Pots
60% from Items
30% from GM Alchemy

Lower Resources - uses 50% less ingredients in crafting potions.

And for gods sake add a craft able container for potions that reduces weight by 20% and keeps all the potions neatly, not scattered in your bag and drop to your corpse on death. "The Great Alchemist Satchel" yea..that's catchy. Costs 100 leather can be combined with other satchels in a single click...god I miss free shard ingenuity!