• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Double Axe, no good?

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello there,

I was just curious as to why Double Axes are not more popular for samurai considering they have Whirlwind Attack. I realize that their DPS is lower than the Ornate Axe but does the Whirlwind attack not make up for this fact since it has more utility? It just seems that it would be a good alternative to the Scimitar since you can get the extra 5% parry bonus since you'd be using a two-handed weapon. On top of that, it has Double Strike, which seems like it would be handy on single targets bumping up the DPS.

Your thoughts, please! Thanks. :eek:

T

Turdnugget

You can chug w/a one hander, that split second it takes to switch over to one hander to chug can mean life or death...

In order for the double to be effective you need 20+ SSI on it + 150+ stamina, whereas the scimi you can get away with no SSI and high stamina, making it easier to find a good scimitar to use.

Double strike has been kinda nerfed... at least in PvP. Haven't tried it in PvM, but PvP it's pretty horrendous what little damage it does but should do.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use a double axe on my LJ pvper.

I agree that it is slightly under-rated, but in PvM it may be a bit slow because at 30 SSI with 150-179 stam its a 1.5 sec weapon.

For PvP I use it for 1 hit and then I'm back to a different weapon.

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks both of you for your input! I'll probably end up crafting up some Double Axes just to see how it works out for me. Just wanted to get some information about them.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks both of you for your input! I'll probably end up crafting up some Double Axes just to see how it works out for me. Just wanted to get some information about them.
I just burned a bunch of copper hammers, ended up with a 40 DI, 30 SSI, 60 Mana Leech, 42 hit lightning and another one with 40 DI, 30 SSI, 46 Hit Lightning, 50 Hit Lower Attack.

Haven't had ANY luck on Ornate axes though. Even decided to burn a gold to up my chances for a good one and got nothing but crap.

S

Stupid Miner

I would use them, but i can never find a good one. Esp because the 30 SSI is pretty much a requirement.

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been burning copper runics as well and haven't got any super good Doulbe Axes yet. Ah well, I'm still in the training process, so I've got a ways to go before I tackle the big boys!

I'm building a classic Samurai (one without necro/spirit speak), so maybe the slightly slower speed won't affect me as much. I guess there's only one way to find out. ;)