• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Doom weapons

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
It’s been a while since I’ve done doom and I’m crafting new weapons for it.

what is the ideal weapon set to bring? I’ll have a bard for discord with me and probably use swords 3 mastery (unless bushido is better?)

this is what I am thinking so far:

fire damage undead double axe for dark knight and shadow knight

Fire damage demon double axe for impaler and dark father

Physical damage demon double axe with mana drain horror thing

Bladed staff for flesh renderer

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
This looks correct I think.
Need magic resist 80 at least or so, Parry 115+, swords 120, and the rest. Mag. Res for the curses, but get apples also. Get ready to heal (precast it) and heal instantly as soon as the renderer gets ready to jump and hit you.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use fire damage double axe for dark knight and flesh renderer, using undead talisman.

Fire damage demon double axe for impaler.

Energy damage double axe for shadow knight, always thought that was their lowest resist.

Physical damage demon double axe for horrors.

Fire damage elemental double axe for dark father, elemental does extra damage even though it's a demon, never understood why .. and it helps with the elements that spawn.

Always wearing undead talisman.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
fire damage undead double axe for dark knight and shadow knight
Energy damage double axe for shadow knight, always thought that was their lowest resist.
Energy is their lowest resist.

That is the down side to running a Sampire imo.. too many different weps to have. I had very high hopes when Chaos Damage was added a while back in limiting that.. but sadly it wound up being basically useless.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I use a dbl axe for fleshrenderer. Either cold or fire dmg would work. It doesn’t have a slayer weakness so EoO and honor is best. I prefer soloing fleshrender so the proper etiquette is to let a player solo it or act as a Sampire healer if you brought chiv. If you join in and attack it, you likely will get the other Sampire killed.

All other rooms is a walk in the park.

For DF, i use ele slayer with demon slayer cameo.

Imo, Doom is easier solo on a sampire than with an unorganized group. Tamers who dont control their pets well will let their pets chase Dark Father when it teleports back to the spawn spot which then aggros the 2nd Dark Father. Ive seen a few good tamers who know to call off their pets though.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
True.. but an unorganized group can make anything a tough fight.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Doom is one of those areas where there are zero "public" raids on LS. I have literally never seen a "Doing a Doom run in 5 minutes" in general chat, like there are for Shadowguard and other higher-end content.

Is it possible to take a reasonably organized group that includes tamers, bards, melee, and mages and actually complete Doom? Or is it a solo-only affair with a sampire? I would love to learn more about the current state of this content.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Doom is one of those areas where there are zero "public" raids on LS. I have literally never seen a "Doing a Doom run in 5 minutes" in general chat, like there are for Shadowguard and other higher-end content.
Have not seen that in a long time on Atl either. For a while there Sunday afternoon was a Gauntlet fest.. tons of folks were there, of course that was back when the drops there were still the latest, greatest, uber things around too. Back when us tamers could solo DF at the gate :thumbup1:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That is the down side to running a Sampire imo.. too many different weps to have.
You only need a few weapons which allows you to be more effective. I think the real downside of running a sampire in Doom is the beating your armor takes from the unholy bones. I was running the gauntlet almost non-stop back in May/June when prices of Doom arties spiked (mainly solo)... I'd need repairs every 2 hours or so which usually wasn't always a drop so then I'd need a golden skull too if I wanted to get back over. To me, that's the huge downside of using a sampire.

I think you would see more groups taking people to Doom if it wasn't such a gamble to let random people come across. As someone else said, 1 or 2 people not knowing what to do can severely hinder the gauntlet run... especially when it comes to the fleshrenderer room. Seems like everyone wants to run down and be the first to hit the stupid things and then 2-3 start chasing everyone down and killing everyone and causing havoc. I prefer to run it with 1 or 2 other experienced sampires; it decreases the beating my armor takes while still giving a solid drop rate (in my opinion)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You only need a few weapons which allows you to be more effective.
I was mainly talking about across the board on the weapons deal, not just in Doom. I do agree the number of weps needed for the Gauntlet are minimal in the grand scheme of things.

The rooms were always the easy part for us. We would send 1 or 2 folks in to tackle those. The drop rate in those rooms are so dang miniscule it was better to have them killed off quickly and get to DF for the main event. Of course now that the points system is in effect there I guess that is out the window. I would be interested to see some hard numbers on how many points the rooms give towards the drop... but I ain't holding my breath for them.

Definitely a trade off on Armor for the melee folks, which is why I do my best to use only the high end typical drops and then imbued pieces instead of Brittle Legendaries etc. Those things don't last too long on my Samp at any rate.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Is it possible to take a reasonably organized group that includes tamers, bards, melee, and mages and actually complete Doom? Or is it a solo-only affair with a sampire? I would love to learn more about the current state of this content.
A guildmate and I did it with 2 tamers (1 each), of which, at the time, mine was also a bard.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
A guildmate and I did it with 2 tamers (1 each), of which, at the time, mine was also a bard.
Was this with the latest changes to it?

Have tried it once already with the latest changes on 2 tamers and failed. But, I was honestly trying to see what the latest changes brought about. I have some strategy ideas for my next attempt there that should make it easier.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Was this with the latest changes to it?

Have tried it once already with the latest changes on 2 tamers and failed. But, I was honestly trying to see what the latest changes brought about. I have some strategy ideas for my next attempt there that should make it easier.
Yes, after the changes that made it a lot harder. Unless there were more changes in the last year. Honestly though, I'm not playing UO nearly as much these days. The RMT "players" and scripters, along with the Devs decision not to do anything to them, have just about ruined UO for me. @Bleak @Kyronix

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yes, after the changes that made it a lot harder. Unless there were more changes in the last year. Honestly though, I'm not playing UO nearly as much these days. The RMT "players" and scripters, along with the Devs decision not to do anything to them, have just about ruined UO for me. @Bleak @Kyronix
Keith, I hope this will change your mind about playing the game and allow you to have some fun:
--You are not competing with anyone in this game I hope, unless you are of course. You are just looking for some fun right? So,

=The scripters, they really don't bother you or stopping you from having your fun your way.
=The RMT'ers, so they paid USD $75 and they got their uber luck sampire suit, or paid $300 for that glitsy Cu, or 2 Plat for $200, or the scrolled trained Dread or Bane for $500, etc. etc. I doubt that they stop you from having your fun. Same thing with the sellers. So what. Do you worry that the sellers will get too rich? Doubt it.
=The Devs not giving a crap about all this and more. So? They still are not stopping you.
=The cheaters are and will be cheaters, one way or another. So what though. Still you can have fun.

This huge game is a little bit like RL.
Your fun is just that your fun, your own pleasure in delving in this infinite game, playing with others, finding new things, techniques, character temps etc etc.
You don't need to let any of this corruption influence how you play, and the way you have your fun.

I am on the same side about cheating, and will never do that. But my goal in the game is not to compete with anyone, or get the uber-most gear, but just enjoy taming 200-500 Cus, get a red or black one and make a few uo gold on it or train it etc. Or farm at the strangest places in the game just for kicks and giggles like Doom Gauntlet and die 100 times, ruin Sampire suit lol. Or champ spawns and get a few PS, or mini bosses etc. Just for fun.
This is just a game, and getting super serious about other's ethics in game will spoil the fun. Esp. since the Devs are lax about these ethics.
Just have fun.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Keith, I hope this will change your mind about playing the game and allow you to have some fun:
--You are not competing with anyone in this game I hope, unless you are of course. You are just looking for some fun right? So,

=The scripters, they really don't bother you or stopping you from having your fun your way.
=The RMT'ers, so they paid USD $75 and they got their uber luck sampire suit, or paid $300 for that glitsy Cu, or 2 Plat for $200, or the scrolled trained Dread or Bane for $500, etc. etc. I doubt that they stop you from having your fun. Same thing with the sellers. So what. Do you worry that the sellers will get too rich? Doubt it.
=The Devs not giving a crap about all this and more. So? They still are not stopping you.
=The cheaters are and will be cheaters, one way or another. So what though. Still you can have fun.

This huge game is a little bit like RL.
Your fun is just that your fun, your own pleasure in delving in this infinite game, playing with others, finding new things, techniques, character temps etc etc.
You don't need to let any of this corruption influence how you play, and the way you have your fun.

I am on the same side about cheating, and will never do that. But my goal in the game is not to compete with anyone, or get the uber-most gear, but just enjoy taming 200-500 Cus, get a red or black one and make a few uo gold on it or train it etc. Or farm at the strangest places in the game just for kicks and giggles like Doom Gauntlet and die 100 times, ruin Sampire suit lol. Or champ spawns and get a few PS, or mini bosses etc. Just for fun.
This is just a game, and getting super serious about other's ethics in game will spoil the fun. Esp. since the Devs are lax about these ethics.
Just have fun.
But the Scripters DO stop you from having fun... can't go to Ice Dungeon and compete with them running 5 accounts and killing things the instant they spawn before you can even get a bar... can't compete with that...

Can't compete with them at an IDOC destroying all the barrels in milliseconds when it takes you a long time to hack away at one they have already cleared most the house by the time you get one barrel open...

Can't compete with them at EM Events running 4 to 6 or more tunes and almost always getting 2 or 4 drops to sell when you run one account and never ever get a drop but once in a purple moon on an odd event here or there... even if you attend without fail and never miss one... they will always win.

Does it affect me if people are buying things for RL cash... well yes... when they buy duped **** from sellers I can't sell my stuff for a good price because the price is so low that it's barely worth farming stuff... Certainly not resources or anything like that as it's so duped and overdone that it's not worth your time to farm the stuff...

Do I give a crap if someone is skilling up in their house AFK ... No... because that's boring and who the hell cares...

Pick your battles but yes a lot of that crap you don't think affects you does...

Also, all the stuff they sell like tokens and whatnot actually takes away from the profit of the game which means they can't afford to hire proper DEVs for the Team... etc... or put resources into it... So yes believe it or not it does affect you and your gameplay.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But the Scripters DO stop you from having fun... can't go to Ice Dungeon and compete with them running 5 accounts and killing things the instant they spawn before you can even get a bar... can't compete with that...
That guy is in 1 room on Atlantic. I did not know you play on Atlantic.

And I would have plenty of fun with that guy. Way more than the drudgery of just killing over and over.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

And I would have plenty of fun with that guy. Way more than the drudgery of just killing over and over.
I'd rather not risk getting an account banned... besides I don't play on Atlantic... it's not just on Atlantic that people do that...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

I mean... feel free to pop on over to Atlantic and do so.

I'd rather not risk getting an account banned... besides I don't play on Atlantic... it's not just on Atlantic that people do that...
That is the strange thing, find a way to smack the cheaters in Tram and you are the bad guy... I remember at one time getting a 'talking to' because I kept using bagballs to block ones path. :coco:

These days if I am bored I just hit Jhelom bull areas and kill off all the spawn. Small victories...

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I mean... feel free to pop on over to Atlantic and do so.

That is the strange thing, find a way to smack the cheaters in Tram and you are the bad guy... I remember at one time getting a 'talking to' because I kept using bagballs to block ones path. :coco:

These days if I am bored I just hit Jhelom bull areas and kill off all the spawn. Small victories...
Stealth herders are fun for that to lol with the Bulls..... Getting a bot to chase the bull outside the pen... And yes a GM gave me a talking to about doing that once

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Stealth herders are fun for that to lol with the Bulls..... Getting a bot to chase the bull outside the pen... And yes a GM gave me a talking to about doing that once

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk
Yeah... I used to go there and use my GM herder to herd them away... from time to time. But that was a small victory like how I used to drop 1 piece of whatever the bot was script mining or lumberjacking so the script would stack them on the ground then come round and bag ball the loot off the screen a few screens so they would lose a days work...

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@MalagAste - Sorry but you are just regurgitating headlines or complaints that other people have said (which you just jump on board). I haven't broken one of these down in a while so here we go...

Have you even done ice dungeon? I'm playing on Atlantic (supposedly where majority of people play to get drops - based on several other posters) and I literally have the dungeon to myself for hours on end in Fel and I've only been bothered by a red twice (both times I've just ran away). You don't play ATL so whatever shard you are playing, there is an even better chance of you getting an empty ice dungeon. End result is you aren't competing with anyone... if you have gone to ice dungeon in the past week or 2 you would have seen this.

Side note - isn't that why there were so many people up in arms about Treasures of Deceit NOT being in Fel except on ATL? Everyone was throwing a fit because ATL was getting special treatment and now the same people are crying about scripters? Go to Fel - the Devs gave you what you asked for. There are not scripters there (if there are then kill them).

Can't compete with them at an IDOC destroying all the barrels in milliseconds when it takes you a long time to hack away at one they have already cleared most the house by the time you get one barrel open...
I'd question why you are hitting just one barrel until it breaks... it's all random drops so hit a few different ones. This just comes down to strategy and you not wanting to think outside of the box. You have multiple accounts so log in to CC and have them all follow your main guy.... The more accounts you use the more you get. What's your issue here? That you can't get anything OR you can't just have it all to yourself?

Can't compete with them at EM Events running 4 to 6 or more tunes and almost always getting 2 or 4 drops to sell when you run one account and never ever get a drop but once in a purple moon on an odd event here or there... even if you attend without fail and never miss one... they will always win.
Again...this is you assuming and conspiracy theory talk as far as you saying who gets the drops. Do people script? Sure. Does the 1 scripter get 2-4 drops every event? I'd guess no but again neither of us actually know because they don't publish a list of who gets the drops and if I'm using common sense as a scripter I'm pretty sure I'm not going to say "HEY EVERYONE I GOT 3 OF THE EM DROPS". That said... EM events is literally a 1-2 hour event once a week; some people can't even make it to the events and they still play. If this is something you really felt strongly about you could do literally anything else in the game while all the cheaters are at the EM event.

Does it affect me if people are buying things for RL cash... well yes... when they buy duped **** from sellers I can't sell my stuff for a good price because the price is so low that it's barely worth farming stuff... Certainly not resources or anything like that as it's so duped and overdone that it's not worth your time to farm the stuff...
Are you saying that you sell your stuff for RL cash? Because that's what it sounds like and if that's the case then maybe find a new hobby to make cash. At the end of the day this is a game and not a job so if you don't like "the grind" then feel free to stop whenever you like. Ideally you would be playing the game doing something you kind of enjoy or working towards a goal... if that happens to bring you some gold coin then it's icing on the cake. If your goal is to make money off the game then either get better (more efficient) or find a new game to make money off of. This is actually better if the "bad guys" are dropping these prices down because now you can get whatever it is without putting in the work...go do something else you enjoy that is worth the effort and use whatever you bought to help get you there.

Pick your battles but yes a lot of that crap you don't think affects you does...
It only impacts you if you let it. UO is a wide and vast game of things to do. If you can't find something you like doing without being impacted then it's probably not a game for you. If I'm farming in Fel Ice and reds come through I leave and switch to my fisher/T-hunter to do some SOS or Maps.. or I hop on my tamer to train a new pet... or archer and do pirate ships... or hop on my crafter to fill some bods (and actually get bods). Endless possibilities that again are not impacted by the cheaters.

Also, all the stuff they sell like tokens and whatnot actually takes away from the profit of the game which means they can't afford to hire proper DEVs for the Team... etc... or put resources into it... So yes believe it or not it does affect you and your gameplay.
You and I both know this is bogus. It wouldn't matter if they brought on 5 more developers and doubled their team while your favorite person is running things it would still be more questionable things (maybe we would have TWO new Legacy shards they are working on).

The only thing that I'd say is directly impacted by cheaters when I'm playing is in the event I try to fight back when reds come visit me in Fel... I've had my share of guys using wall scripts or auto heal/cure/chug which I can't compete with so that's when I just leave and do something else.