• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Doom location blocked 16 hours

Miretar

Journeyman
A location in Doom on Legends has been blocked for over 16 hours. It worked fine previously; neither recall or gate work. Is this a glitch? Nothing changed after server up.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Did you go to the location to see what is blocking the spot?

Miretar

Journeyman
Did you go to the location to see what is blocking the spot?
I will tonight with backup. My thief may be extraordinary, but I don’ trust myself to run her solo through Doom. I’m only going for rocks after all.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
A location in Doom on Legends has been blocked for over 16 hours. It worked fine previously; neither recall or gate work. Is this a glitch? Nothing changed after server up.
I think I saw this in another thread somewhere so I'll try to reference a simplified version of it and maybe someone can confirm it/give better detail.

Basically the gist of it was that spawn (monsters/animals/npcs/etc) are stagnant in the game unless/until someone (any non NPC) comes within the screen. So if you are playing a relatively low pop shard and are recalling somewhere that people might not go to often; if there just randomly happens to be something there it won't move until someone comes around. If nobody travels to that area then they don't move and the spot remains blocked.

I've done a little testing on this myself because I too have had this happen to me and when I run there to my spot I always see an NPC like right around my recall point (if not just moving off it).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I saw this in another thread somewhere so I'll try to reference a simplified version of it and maybe someone can confirm it/give better detail.

Basically the gist of it was that spawn (monsters/animals/npcs/etc) are stagnant in the game unless/until someone (any non NPC) comes within the screen. So if you are playing a relatively low pop shard and are recalling somewhere that people might not go to often; if there just randomly happens to be something there it won't move until someone comes around. If nobody travels to that area then they don't move and the spot remains blocked.

I've done a little testing on this myself because I too have had this happen to me and when I run there to my spot I always see an NPC like right around my recall point (if not just moving off it).
You are totally correct, the recall spot is blocked because something is standing on it, and the spawn in that area will not move until there is a player on screen.