• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Doom Help Needed - Solo Dark Father?

N

nickdafunk

What is the best strategy for doing the Dark Father 1vs1?

I just tried it there and got wiped out within a short space of time.

Early on was dealing with 5 Lich Lords, 3 Rotting corpses, 2 Revenants and gawd knows what else

From that experience there, I would have to say "No way can it be done!", however, I know that it has, by more than a few people...

So, anyone care to share their secrets with me on this?

Cheers,

T

Trukx

Undead slayer w/ Life Leech weapon that does Whirlwind attack as a special is a good way to stay alive and kill the other stuff while still doing well against DF.

I

imported_Farsight

Trying to solo the Dark Father is pretty tough. Even if you use the right tactics, you can wind up getting killed pretty easily. However, there are a few things you can do to make it easier.

-You can make sure you have the right template. The non necromancy samurai types will get eaten up unless you're really good or really lucky. You need to use forms for leeches. I typically use wraith form because my best diamond mace for the job doesn't have mana leech. Vampire form works well if you have mana leech.

-Make sure you have the right items. You need 70's resists across the board as well as max DCI. Max HCI helps as well, but isn't critical. Now that I've discovered the mace and shield glasses, I won't go against the DF without hit lower defense. 30% HLD will make your life a whole lot easier against any opponent. Your weapon needs to swing at the maximum speed. You'll get hit often enough that without a hard hitting fast weapon, you'll never drain enough life to survive.

-Don't be afraid to use other skills/spells such as confidence and evasion. I haven't figured a best time to evade, so I simply do it about once every 20 seconds. My confidence is almost always up since I use it for extra healing. Counter attack is also a good spell to have up all the time. Enemy of one may not be the best of spells to cast, but there is a situation where EoO is a great thing to have.

-Use your terrain. If you stand in the middle of the floor and pound on the DF, you'll have 8 baddies hitting on you within seconds. If you stand against a wall, you have only 5 baddies. If you find a corner, you have only three monsters hitting you. There are a couple of places where only 2 monsters can hit you at once. Find out where those places are and use them. There's a huge difference between 2 lich lords, 2 rotting corpses, a revnant, 3 bone knights and the dark father hitting you and just the DF and a zombie. You can always take care of the growing hoard afterwards.

The only problem with that strategy (and it's a huge problem) is that if you have to run, you WILL die. So practice against smaller spawns (like balrons) ahead of time or be prepared to earn a lot of expensive death robes. When you're used to the constant spellcasting and healing that's required, then the DF is possible to kill alone.

That being said, I don't like to solo the DF simply because it takes forever to finish.

T

Trukx

For groups yes, for solo, I think Farsight hit on some of it....when you disengage to cut bones (run), you are prone to taking damage. Since most solo warrior templates rely so much on leeching and vampire, you have to continuously do damage to stay healed. It is a pain.

For the most part, i have switched to soloing down there to my bard. In which case I never cut bones, because Im hoping that they spawn a LL or rotten i can provoke onto the DF.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Does anyone cut up bones to lower the undead spawn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Solo the undead spawn actually help. Use a radiant scimitar and whirlwind. You'll find you leech more life &amp; mana with the additional spawn, and can spam whirlwind while staying at full health. Once the undead is down, switch back to the regularly scheduled "beat on the DF until dead" programming....

ChelseyEvilElf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the best strategy for doing the Dark Father 1vs1?

I just tried it there and got wiped out within a short space of time.

Early on was dealing with 5 Lich Lords, 3 Rotting corpses, 2 Revenants and gawd knows what else

From that experience there, I would have to say "No way can it be done!", however, I know that it has, by more than a few people...

So, anyone care to share their secrets with me on this?

Cheers,
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree. Sorry couldnt resist it!

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You need to get max damage on dark father to easily solo it. Double strikes with Onslaught should do around 2x 130+. Honor + slayer helps. I don't use EOO since spawn can kill you quickly. You also need resist to survive an untimely BloodOath.

I never cut the bones.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to get max damage on dark father to easily solo it. Double strikes with Onslaught should do around 2x 130+. Honor + slayer helps. I don't use EOO since spawn can kill you quickly. You also need resist to survive an untimely BloodOath.

I never cut the bones.
Lately, with GM resist, the blood oath has been lasting too long. If there isn't any side spawn I die if I don't run. I'll definitely be bringing in a lot of apples next time I leave/go back.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Lately, with GM resist, the blood oath has been lasting too long. If there isn't any side spawn I die if I don't run. I'll definitely be bringing in a lot of apples next time I leave/go back.
For sure! I still run off and cast remove curse or eat an apple to remove Blood Oath. The 100 resist is really just so I don't insta die when I accidentally connect with a double strike. I hear a lot of people saying it's 120 or 0, but ehh..100 so far is fine with me.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For sure! I still run off and cast remove curse or eat an apple to remove Blood Oath. The 100 resist is really just so I don't insta die when I accidentally connect with a double strike. I hear a lot of people saying it's 120 or 0, but ehh..100 so far is fine with me.
In pvp I agree with 120 or nothing. But for pvm I'm ok running GM. This is the only time that I've had issues with it.