• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Doom arty drop back to the way it used to be?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been close to 30+ rounds now, with 10 of them being solo.... still not one arty.

I was wondering if maybe during all this patching if something reverted back to the old system?

MaxTDR

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno man, I've kinda noticed the same thing...I went 6 hours one day without getting one, dunno how many rounds that was...but when they first changed the drop rate, I was pulling one ever 1-2 rounds lol.

G

I am still pulling them at the same rates I was before perhaps your just hitting a dry spot where you need to build the points completely to 100% for a drop to occur? I remember back during treasures of tokuno I would hit bad spots where it took forever for something to finally drop.

G

hehe yeah .. I'm great at getting dry spots .. if it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any I swear.

At least before there was a chance altho slight of getting an arti off every darkfather and room boss.

now I've killed upwards of 30 darkfathers solo and then the rooms and not a sniff of an arti

I wonder how many points exactly I need to build up :-/

*edits to add this*

Not that I'm complaining mind you, imo it was a bit extreme when artis were dropping every other monster, I even have my crafters wearing spirit of the totem's for the str bonus. Now when I get an arti drop .. the 'wow I got an arti' factor will be back .

I

imported_ParadoxUO

Tested it and got one artefact in less than four hours... but not many on the gauntlet.

Still the same old(new) system.

G

Congrats on your arti :)

It may be the same old system for you
but its deffinately not for me
its been 3 weeks over 40 hours and still no arti ..
see I said was unlucky

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay here is my tally - I didn't really get to doom much this weekend. Over the week and last weekend (16-17) I did 21 rounds of doom with a varying number of people (but still 21 trips; remember 5 rounds, 5 people, 5 arties (1 for each?).... and did 12 rounds solo - just me...

I didn't get one arty. It feels like it used to (if not worse) before the change. Apparently the point system was disabled - or the drop rate lowered from like 5% on DF to like .5%.

33 rounds in doom... not one arty - even with 12 of those rounds solo... something isn't really right there..

(PS: someone did mention that a voice of the fallen king was dropped while I was there; so it's not like they AREN'T dropping)

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, it cannot be worse than before the change, since before the change I got exactly one in much more than 100 hours, before I gave up.
Ok, it can be worse, if the insurance bug hits the artifacts you carry with you.
I did not try the changes, since I never really liked Doom and real life things are keeping me away from playing.
*Salute*
Olahorand

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I used to average about 1 arty per every 13-16 rounds solo..

What I think is that during one of their recent patches/publishes, that they might of broken the point system. If the point systems were semi-visible; it would be easier to report bugs.

I

imported_wrekognize

I got two drops in about 4 hours, about 20 to 25 rounds, with about 7 to 10 people there. I am shocked to see plenty of people there on chessy after 12 pm the past few nights...it's been nice.

I

imported_infiniti

I got my first couple ever at the weekend, guildies are getting frequent drops, so seems fine, only thing wrong is that most arties these days are pretty useless.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Well I used to average about 1 arty per every 13-16 rounds solo..

What I think is that during one of their recent patches/publishes, that they might of broken the point system. If the point systems were semi-visible; it would be easier to report bugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be cool if we could track our points.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I got my first couple ever at the weekend, guildies are getting frequent drops, so seems fine, only thing wrong is that most arties these days are pretty useless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free to give me all your HoM OotM etc.

G

on my archer i get drops every 5-10 rounds and my tamer every 10 to 20 so im assuming it does a top attcker check to see if the top attacker is due so this might effect the lower attackers drops since the higher attackers are getting the drops

G

Yeah, i haven't gotten a Arty in at least 20 Rounds now, and i'm using a Macer/Paladin that dishes out high damage.