• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Doom Artifact Drop Mechanics

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Several months ago, the Doom drop was changed into a point system. Shortly after this went it, people were dragging TONS of artis out of doom and making good profit. OSI told us they tuned it down a little shortly after the first change went in which they did and the drop rate seemed reasonable. If you spent most of the day there you could expect to have half a dozen artis to bring home.

Around the time when the new event started, Doom seemed to changed yet again. The same character I used in doom for years and years who was getting 3-5 artis a day started not getting ANY ALL DAY! The first couple times this happened I wrote it off as a "bad run".

I've been talking to many people about this and they are all experiencing the same thing. The Doom "drought" doesn't seem to let up and even the D^^F guild (who are Doom experts on Atlantic) can't explain away what's going on.

So what I'm asking for as an explanation on how this change a few months ago slipped through FoF or any other updates. We also have no detailed explanation on how the Doom point system works mathematically. How does the distribution of points work in relation to damage list? How does luck affect the drops? They say it does but nothing concrete.

Please discuss this topic and any theories/questions are welcome.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I have to say this really does need covered in the FoF again so that we have an actual understanding of how doom currently works.

How are we supposed to know the exact formula for drops if it has been changed since the first and only time it was explained after the initial change?

I also stopped going to doom because the drop rate was to low for the amount of time I want to spend in the gauntlet before finally getting something.

I feel like they lowered the rate on the drop down to match the actual chance you had before the changes and now the only difference between before and now is that after a long enough time you will actually get an arti no matter what where as before you could still get one after the same amount of time it just wasn't a sure thing. So what's the difference?

I still think they should make the points something you can actually spend on an artifact of your choice vs randomly handing them out. At least then I would be willing to spend the time in doom to get what I want vs wasting the time to pull a dozen junk artifacts I can't even sell. I say this because I pulled 3 frostbringers back to back and that kinda pissed me off lol.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe your not doing enough damage?

I was down there the other day..... and I average on arty about every 3 or 4 cycles counting from one dark father to the next..... but then I do about 200 points of damage on a DF...... Per shot.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Typical gimme gimme gimme response... i use a tamer and like to rez the fallen...oh rezzing ?? yah it can happen and not spoil your chance of a arti!!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still think they should make the points something you can actually spend on an artifact of your choice vs randomly handing them out. At least then I would be willing to spend the time in doom to get what I want vs wasting the time to pull a dozen junk artifacts I can't even sell. I say this because I pulled 3 frostbringers back to back and that kinda pissed me off lol.

---------------------------------------------

Waits for the LAME POST by some ''griefer'' that they got ''3 ornis'' back to back in undEr 1 hour!!! LOL...........

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe your not doing enough damage?

I was down there the other day..... and I average on arty about every 3 or 4 cycles counting from one dark father to the next..... but then I do about 200 points of damage on a DF...... Per shot.

I can max out at 520 damage with my archer so yes I'd say I do a lot of damage.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can max out at 520 damage with my archer so yes I'd say I do a lot of damage.
Im calling BS at that damage output, with his reflect damage you would insta kill yourself or close to it each time you hit him:danceb:

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im calling BS at that damage output, with his reflect damage you would insta kill yourself or close to it each time you hit him:danceb:
It is NOT BS! If he Oaths me and I hit for that then yea I die. His "reflect" as you put it isn't reflect at all. He just throws bones at you anytime you hit him with something. Obviously you aren't sure on all your facts yet.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Less people because of the Event means a longer time to kill each DF. There also fewer DFs each circuit, and it takes longer to kill the mini Bosses who have less points.

S

Satanatra

500 Damage on a DF?

Id really like to know how u do that since i run an archer with:

120 anat
120 tactics
100 di off items
elemental/demon slayer bow
Enemy of One
Consecrate Weap
Bushido Honor/lightning strike

And i get 350...

I say BS as well.

S

Scratch

500 Damage on a DF?

Id really like to know how u do that since i run an archer with:

120 anat
120 tactics
100 di off items
elemental/demon slayer bow
Enemy of One
Consecrate Weap
Bushido Honor/lightning strike

And i get 350...

I say BS as well.
you forgot bloodoath and curseweapon

H

Harb

I'm ignorant regarding Doom drops, I haven't been in there for about two months due to interest in the clean-up program and the Melissa event. What I can speak to are the 10th anniversary drops, as I did earthies prior to and after Melissa in one of the dungeons. I've used gold as a "metric" to determine about when to expect a turn-in artie. Pre-Mel, it would drop between 70-80k, post Mel it seems to have changed to around 110-120k. I'm not ready to say anything emphantically and with confidence, but there does appear to have been changes behind the scenes in drop rates. I really, really hope that didn't happen. Our current dev folks literally made a "rookie" mistake in allowing young player expolits on the Mel event, have grossly mishandled current dupes (ckecked again last night, the armor produced on Chessie is still sitting on vendors all over Luna), and to add to the list of irritants by ramping down legitimate arties to curb turn-ins, would irritate me personally to a historical extreme! But I would like to see an answer to this, communication and public relations also seem at an all time low. I'm not mad at anybody, but sincerely am disappointed, and have increasing frustration over the current state of our game. Lets talk through it openly, and find a balance that motivates the player base. Our inputs matter, if not here on the boards, at least through continued revenue.