• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Don't give 'em rewards!

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope they cancel them altogether. Now that would bring some fun to these boards...la

A

Aboo

I hope they cancel them altogether. Now that would bring some fun to these boards...la
I have little patience with people who constantly hijack and troll a thread just to bring attention to themselves.

As you posted about threads YOU make, if people don't like what you post why post to your threads? The same goes here. You obviously have no desire to obtain the 11th anniversary items, so why do you keep trolling threads from people who do?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am I not allowed to have a differing opinion of yours on the issue? It seems you are fine with people as long as they agree with you...otherwise, they are a troll...la

F

Flora Green

I have little patience with people who constantly hijack and troll a thread just to bring attention to themselves.

As you posted about threads YOU make, if people don't like what you post why post to your threads? The same goes here. You obviously have no desire to obtain the 11th anniversary items, so why do you keep trolling threads from people who do?
He wants to steal ours. :D

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

He wants to steal ours. :D

Pfft, they'll be blessed so my desires to steal them would be for naught...la

O

Old Man of UO

Am I not allowed to have a differing opinion of yours on the issue? It seems you are fine with people as long as they agree with you...otherwise, they are a troll...la
It wasn't about your opinion, now was it? If you really were just posting an opinion you wouldn't have added "Now that would bring some fun to these boards." While I don't care about the 11th anniv items either, I don't try to stir up trouble just to get threads locked.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It wasn't about your opinion, now was it? If you really were just posting an opinion you wouldn't have added "Now that would bring some fun to these boards." While I don't care about the 11th anniv items either, I don't try to stir up trouble just to get threads locked.
That wasn't my opinion? Really? The what poster here had that opinion?

I have never had any intention to have a thread closed, so now you have made two incorrect assumptions in the same post...la

C

canary

Well, his OPINION is that the boards filled with those kinds of threads would be fun... so yes, that's an opinion.

However, posts like this are coming from a man WHO IS ALMOST FORTY YEARS OLD. FORTY, people, lol. _MY_ opinion? That's totally laughable and a little sad.

I mean, really.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
However, posts like this are coming from a man WHO IS ALMOST FORTY YEARS OLD. FORTY, people, lol. _MY_ opinion? That's totally laughable and a little sad.
So you are saying someone who is almost 40 has no right to post here? I suggest you rethink that before stating your answer. There are an awful lot of "almost 40" year olds that post here, and have posted here for a long time...la

C

canary

So you are saying someone who is almost 40 has no right to post here? I suggest you rethink that before stating your answer. There are an awful lot of "almost 40" year olds that post here, and have posted here for a long time...la
LOL if you can't figure out why I find it sad but funny you are almost 40 and make posts like you do I can't help you.

...la

T

T_Amon_from_work

OMG, I am soooo screwed then. I can guarantee I am a big bunch of years beyond Rico's ancient "almost forty" years. Am I allowed to have an opinion or should I just head for the retirement home now?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WHAT THE **** IS WITH THE ...LA
The Arabic word لا (La) means 'no'. Or ultimate denial. (La is how it sounds and is spelled in English)
So technically he is negating everything he says since he ends all his posts with La.

So when he says
I hope they cancel them altogether. Now that would bring some fun to these boards...la Aka Arabic for "no"
He really means that they should NOT cancel them all together. ;)

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
im about to put rico on an ignore list just cause it drives me crazy seeing the ...la at the end of everything lol

T

T_Amon_from_work

:stir: ... la ... la ... la ... la ... la ... la

just had to do it. Sorry, Rico - didn't see any copyright notice! :D:bowdown:

Jagdwulfe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG, I am soooo screwed then. I can guarantee I am a big bunch of years beyond Rico's ancient "almost forty" years. Am I allowed to have an opinion or should I just head for the retirement home now?
Get into the Retirement home ya Geezer! Don't forget to take your meds. :D:D

N

Noobish Noob

Wow. Rico...from what I can tell (and contrary to common belief) you seem to be very intelligent. Your posts are well worded and your responses are crafty. That being said, you seem to be the equivalent of human sand paper. Perhaps sometimes 80 grit but usually around 220 grit. I enjoy your posts because they are the equivalent of that group of religious crackpots that go to the funerals of soldiers and harass the families of the dead. They have a right to their opinion, just as you do. They just can't seem to understand why they upset people so much, although they admit to doing it on purpose for effect. The Patriot Riders have become a volunteer force to battle them and try to negate their actions. Seems inevitable that a UO "Patriot Rider Group" would form here on stratics in response to your often chaffing posts. Problem is the response is often as extreme as the viewed offense. Valid points and counterpoints get thrown by the wayside and threads get locked. Perhaps verbal sparring is your cup of tea, perhaps simple attention. I tend to post in your topics when the conversation is constructive. If you are truly trying to create positive discussion about valid points and concerns then perhaps you should go about it with more tact. As it stands now many of your posts have a feeling of you pulling the pin on the hand grenade and then leaving the room, then walking back in and saying "who me"?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pssst, some over zealous mod removed the begining posts from another thread and then created this thread and posted it here. I did not create this thread. Some mod from UHall did...la

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Veteran rewards?

Agreed.... 98% of it is decorative trash that winds up being placed tackily all over a vendorhouse... presumably to overawe me with how much of someone's life they've spent in an aunt's basement playing UO on multiple accounts to earn buy or acquire so many rewards.

Or, they bought gold. Oo. Or they IDOC during hours employed people are at work.

However I do like soulstones. ;)

T

T_Amon_from_work

RICO PWNS UO!!!!

Well, one tiny wee thread about it. :D

S

skin2

if your leaving

can i have your stuff ? ( and shard transfered over to europa since i am lazy)