• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Donating for City Loyalty: is there a list?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a chart somewhere that tells what can be donated? How much loyalty is something worth? How much must be donated to reach each level?

On uoguide.com I found that donating 100,000 iron ingots reaches "Venerated" status. That's all I've found.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure about a list...

But if you drop stacks of iron ingots in to the trade box, the loyalty skyrockets.

Its an insanely nonsensical system. For one, killing monsters in a champion spawn keeps saying your reputation improves for your city loyalty, but does it? I dont think so.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The what is easy...the how much you'd have to ask Kyronix if he can give us a range.

One..click on ANY trade minister and he will tell you what can be donated there:

trademinister.jpg

Crafters can turn in BOD's in the city they are loyal to and gain loyalty that way

Donate gold to the City Herald

But like I said, as far has how MUCH loyalty you'll get for each? I have no clue...I would ask on the official forums and see if maybe the Dev Team can make that happen, it would be nice to know!

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
800 wood or iron gets you Commended,
10k wood or iron gets you Respected,
20k wood or iron gets you Adored,
100k gets you Venerated (which is the highest you can go)

@Ezekiel Zane

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
doing trade runs gives you loyalty to the to and from cities. it's how i got my character to Adored in all other cities

View attachment 94802
Good lord! I couldn't dream of doing that much trade runs... and/or throwing things in that box. lol.

I didnt know half the items on that list, though. I think I tried a number of things and it didnt work. I know, every week, I capture a few criminals at the old Brigand camp... turn them in. Not sure if that counts like ingots or doesnt like campions spawn (or claims to, but doesnt).

All I wanted was all the city banners for decoration in my mall. Seeing my town is at the edge of Yew, every building needed one for Yew as well. :)

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good lord! I couldn't dream of doing that much trade runs... and/or throwing things in that box. lol.

I didnt know half the items on that list, though. I think I tried a number of things and it didnt work. I know, every week, I capture a few criminals at the old Brigand camp... turn them in. Not sure if that counts like ingots or doesnt like campions spawn (or claims to, but doesnt).

All I wanted was all the city banners for decoration in my mall. Seeing my town is at the edge of Yew, every building needed one for Yew as well. :)
I was the Governor for a long time, and have been a Vesper citizen since the beginning of the program. i kept the trade run going by doing trade runs.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was the Governor for a long time, and have been a Vesper citizen since the beginning of the program. i kept the trade run going by doing trade runs.
Tell us more. This is the option off the city stone, right?

Frankly, I totally dont understand or believe in why any NPC city needs funding when you never see any kind of improvements. I could understand if we DID see upgrades... but this will never happen to a "timeless" world. :)

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
doing trade runs for your city gives a sum of gold to the trade deal coffers, dependent on how far the "to" city is and how many ambushes you kill. as far as improvements to the city, a sitting governor can ask for one thing per term that can be granted as long as it isn't unreasonable or too "over the top" adding the governors office, or decorating a certain area of the city are some of the things I have asked for.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm even more confused. That sounds like Mesanna workings... asking for a gov office, thats tricked out nice.

The day this all started (or more within the month)… I had "assumed" with Yew... we could see pavers on the roads as an improvement. More decorative flowers/plants. Gas lights. God forbid, rubbish bins would be nice in ALL bank areas, but that only happens on Asian shards. On Atlantic, the only improvements are rare and do not extend to other shards like a fountain by Skara bank or the little bits around the town. I had figured, if this was connected to the city trade business... we'd see this in all cities with elections. Again, in theory. Not forgetting Yew was flooded out at one time (for a very long time)… and Skara stables was destroyed when I was on extended holiday and still stands damaged. Game-wide EM events leave lasting impressions, not gold/fund donations... what they should... in theory.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tell us more. This is the option off the city stone, right?

Frankly, I totally dont understand or believe in why any NPC city needs funding when you never see any kind of improvements. I could understand if we DID see upgrades... but this will never happen to a "timeless" world. :)
I guess she does not know about city trade deals and how expensive they are to keep on each week.

Also must never attend Governor meetings to see how you ask for improvements.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm even more confused. That sounds like Mesanna workings... asking for a gov office, thats tricked out nice.

The day this all started (or more within the month)… I had "assumed" with Yew... we could see pavers on the roads as an improvement. More decorative flowers/plants. Gas lights. God forbid, rubbish bins would be nice in ALL bank areas, but that only happens on Asian shards. On Atlantic, the only improvements are rare and do not extend to other shards like a fountain by Skara bank or the little bits around the town. I had figured, if this was connected to the city trade business... we'd see this in all cities with elections. Again, in theory. Not forgetting Yew was flooded out at one time (for a very long time)… and Skara stables was destroyed when I was on extended holiday and still stands damaged. Game-wide EM events leave lasting impressions, not gold/fund donations... what they should... in theory.
it's just how it has been since the beginning. no tricks or shady deals they are all the same design in a particular city for every shard to my knowledge. meaning the office in vesper on Siege will look the same as the one on balhae or atlantic when asked for, and i think they ask for a donation of logs/boards and possibly cloth.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's just how it has been since the beginning. no tricks or shady deals they are all the same design in a particular city for every shard to my knowledge. meaning the office in vesper on Siege will look the same as the one on balhae or atlantic when asked for, and i think they ask for a donation of logs/boards and possibly cloth.
I'm thinking of an ancient game I used to play called Civilization.... while we still had dial-up. stand alone game. :) You started off really primitive and the whole goal was to get space travel? I think that was it. I'm sure they still have it, someplace... and I saw some kind of "ap" game where the goal is to develop from the stone-age to future tech. I dont do "ap" things... so I dont know. My only game is UO. But... thats what I had believed with these city funds. Improvements within the town. Again, in theory.

I know our staff is obsessed with taking gold out of the game as it devalues without end. I'm thinking this is just another way of doing that. Frankly, I could see it working as such. Remove mass amounts of gold while putting some polish on the old towns. What's wrong with that? The whole gov system is beyond me, but its not like I see any YouTube videos explaining how the system works. hehe

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
For one, killing monsters in a champion spawn keeps saying your reputation improves for your city loyalty, but does it? I dont think so.
Not sure if that counts like ingots or doesnt like campions spawn (or claims to, but doesnt).
You are wrong, Champ Spawns most definitely DO work to raise City Loyalty, and pretty fast at that. Not sure how few Champs you have done while having City Loyalty, but you should really be more careful with such broad statements that are plain false. OR, if it totally doesn't work for you, it might be bugged on your char(s). We are sure we went from Commended (after some Trade Routes) to Respected recently with just 2 Champ Spawns.
And as Pawain said, the city funds drains quickly with just keeping up the City Buff.

and i think they ask for a donation of logs/boards and possibly cloth.
That sounds pretty cool, asking for the donation of logs/boards and cloth for such improvements!

(On a side note, also big fans of Civilization here!)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It takes 40 trade runs from one city to get a character with no city loyalty up to the Adored level that is needed in order to purchase a banner. Doesn't matter whether or not you use moongates--the number of runs required is always going to be 40. If you have a crafter who has been turning in BODs, they will already have some city loyalty, so they might need to do fewer than 40 runs. Also, you'll gain some loyalty in the delivery cities as well, so you might be able to use only one character to do all your trade runs. However, you have to wait a week between banner purchases.

Starting at no city loyalty and assuming you always start at the same city, it takes 2 trade runs to get to Commended, 8 to get to Respected, and 40 to get to Adored. I think a character only has to have Respected city loyalty level to be able to put up a banner, but could be wrong on that. Have to be Adored to purchase. And the house owner characters can take down any banner, regardless of city loyalty level.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

As the Governor of Yew on GLs I lobbied heavily for the Dock for the City... and now Yew and Minoc both have lovely docks... all over the realm not just on GLs...

I also lobbied to have a teleporter added to get from the end of the road to the other across the bay so the patrols could get to the Yew Far Farm without having to run all the way around the bay... Now the farmers there feel more secure.

It's all in what you want and what you ask for... and if you do it within reason...

Now I'd like to lobby for some nice rest benches and flowers along a few of the roads and a gazebo or some such for the gate to Heartwood... I'll have to keep working on that one I think...

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found this on uoguide.com

Value of Donations
The donation crate will accept different varieties of a type of item, although there is no benefit to donating rarer or higher-value types.

For example, while the donation crate will accept any type of cut leather, no differentiation is made when donating Barbed leather or Spined leather despite Barbed leather being worth more.

So it doesn't matter if you donate regular wood or ingots or valorite or frostwood. Hmm...

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are wrong, Champ Spawns most definitely DO work to raise City Loyalty, and pretty fast at that. Not sure how few Champs you have done while having City Loyalty,..
Its not that I'm claiming a fact. Its just from "what I see", I dont see any real change in city loyalty when I'll kill mass amounts of spawn at the Dragon Turtle... or the one by Twin Oaks... or inside the Twisted Weald. I just turned around and trashed a few ingots to get the banners. :)

And... 40 trade runs is a lot of work... and I'm sure many people can do that and then some. Its just not my idea of fun. Too much other stuff to do! :rolleyes: hehe. I never saw anything worth-wild as a reward. I sure never got a "guild sign"... and they sell really well. The Krampus spawn really helped fill the demand for those. I'd love it if they added more! I know the current list is big, but its still lacking banks, inns, pubs and such.