• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Domain and email hosting

D

Divster

Hi folks was looking for a little info on getting a email adress with a specific name for about 7 users, e.g, [email protected], [email protected], I have found a domain name which is available but was wondering if you genrally are able to get a certain number of user accounts with the domain or have t pay for each additional user? Ive never done this before so would appreciate any info and pointers to good domain hosts!

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?61846

I use Dreamhost, have since 2004. I don't even remember if they have a cap on e-mail addresses, but I have mine managed through Google Mail, so I'm limited by Google to 50 (Though I'm fairly certain you have a huge number usable)

Their packages are great, and every week you get more storage and bandwidth, just for staying a customer.

Just for an example:

Plan Starting Growth Rate Growth So Far Currently Provided
My Crazy Domain Insane 4096 GB 40 GB/week +4239 GB 8335 GB

I pay $190 for two years, and get an extra 40GB of bandwidth weekly. I don't even know how I'd use 8TB, but I have it (I mostly just use my site for storing images) and that includes a domain registration with the hosting package.

I don't know if you need hosting or just a domain, but they only charge $9.95 a year for domain names.