• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] doing something worng, never get a 100+ (pinco) quest

M

Myna

well

i fished to 110 myself, from 110 to 120 i bought a scroll and ate sots.

i only quitted one quest then i never quitted a quest again

i deliver fishes in a route ...so my cargo can hold up to 6 (or was it more?) crates at a time

my route is sea market > moonlgow > vesper > britain > trinsic > papua > jehlom > skara brae .... i stop at ever monger and grab/deliver an order ... and start over

i dont keep track how many quest i have done, but a lot ... i receive 1-6 line orders, all kind but .....

but i never get an order more than 100 points (with pincos calculation, i know its for bait only)

so without pinco i never get a higher order than 200 points? calculating myself (shore #*1, deep/lobster #*2, dungeon #*3)

the highest what i got was a 115ps

i have read that somebody turned in 200+ orders so my question is .... doing am i something wrong?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont know pincos calculation, but the number of baitcharges caps at 100. Is it possible, that pincos caps the displaied number?
Actually its all random and you need to be lucky to get an order with a rating of 200+. In the last days I got 1 of those out of around 40. (It was a 5-liner with 210 and I got 100 charges of golden tuna bait for it.) Additionally I got 3 more orders ranging from 185-195 and I didnt fell very lucky for those.

M

Myna

that was i wanted to know, thx to both ... ~ 1 out of 40 quests seems to make sense

i know that yours just to be double pinco, does it relley show 100+ or is it capped at 100 so it fits for bait?, great UI btw

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that was i wanted to know, thx to both ... ~ 1 out of 40 quests seems to make sense

i know that yours just to be double pinco, does it relley show 100+ or is it capped at 100 so it fits for bait?, great UI btw
there is no cap, you just have bad luck :D

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heres something else to figure in this equation, wife and i figured this out quickly in december. if you take multiple quest and dont turn them in order you lose the acsending rate of next order.hence if you have a 15 cape cod on(1st order) one and 5 cape cod on the other(2nd order) in your boat and turn in the 5 cape cod the next cape cod you recieve will be a 10 instead of a 20. we found if you log in the numbers and watch em you can allmost(rng :/) see what youll be getting next.Size we never figured out but the pattern of amount was easy to track. in fact wife started to cancel orders in some areas like the crabs(waste of time) to get her dungeon fish's up to 20's. i was lucky on rng and got my 120 last year she on other hand just now got hers this week after the new publish.We are now using the same equations to obtain fish hooks and the spyglass.so bottom line is we done one quest at a time in order to keep track of the ascending fish with orders and was able to cancel a lot(not all) of the crabs /lobsters and still keep our other fish quest up.Hope this helps a little

M

Myna

it seems that i get better orders when i do it in order, yes.

turned it a 240 points and got samurai fish bait, arf .... that was the best order i got so far

you also said you cancel the lobster ...but when you cancel lets say a 4 line and one line is crabs, then you cancel 3 fish as well --- could you clarify it?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
i do not recommend dropping orders you would drop the amounts for the next time you fet those fish ! example if you have worked up to 20 with cod and then got a crab/lobster order that has cod on it the next cod you get can have 15 max etc

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Myna like Storm was saying dont cancel the big orders is they will affect your dungeon orders.. its sorta a math game for us. we know the crabbing sucks so we try not to do to many of them IF we can. In my post i stated we was able to cancel a lot (not all) and still do well.Wife is the math wizard and i do the grind work when it comes to fishing and imbueing.Storm is correct in saying you will lose points in other fish. best way i can put it in a extreme sense is this if you have 2 crabs and 3 fresh waters we will drop it .. why cause it the fresh water fish lowest on the point board if its crab and deep or dungeon fish well take a long look at it to see what we lose versus what well gain in time...Bottom line for us were both at 120 now and still love fishing and are still getting biq quest with out having to spend days crabbing. So we can do quest for a night or 2 with our stock we curerently have