• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

doin the mastery quest over

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i did the mastery quest got my mastery book, couple days later i did it again, but got nothing but some lvl 1 primers, so what is the point of doin it more then once? and how are people getting the extra mastery books to sale if you dont get em from the mastery quest?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you do the quest from Hawkwind then it's 1 book per char.
If you do the old Music masteries quests from the guys at Britain, the peacemaker quest is the easiest (you need 90 in bard skills) but all you have to do is peace 5 mongbats. get the book as quest reward, rinse and repeat as many times as you like.

For the Peace quest you need 90 in music and 90 in peacemaking, real skill.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you do the quest from Hawkwind then it's 1 book per char.
If you do the old Music masteries quests from the guys at Britain, the peacemaker quest is the easiest (you need 90 in bard skills) but all you have to do is peace 5 mongbats. get the book as quest reward, rinse and repeat as many times as you like.

For the Peace quest you need 90 in music and 90 in peacemaking, real skill.
thanks didnt realize there was more then one quest for the books

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You only get a book from Hawkwind's quest, if you dont have a book already in your bag.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The quest to get one from barding takes about 3 minutes, or less. I've seen people selling these books for millions of gp.
My advice, if anyone should ask for it, would be 'don't pay it'.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The quest to get one from barding takes about 3 minutes, or less. I've seen people selling these books for millions of gp.
My advice, if anyone should ask for it, would be 'don't pay it'.
I have a UOA macro on my disco tamer that will take the quest, disco the tamed goats I brought with me, and claim the book. Takes < 1 minute and you don't even have to move...

Same would work for the peace quest.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks wanted to to get the books for my weaker characters but didnt want to spend the money people is asking for them, bad enough they charging insane amounts for the primers, glad i asked

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
only the Vol III primers are insane, the Vol I are cheap.

I may have to page a GM, Hawkwind gave me a quest, now I can't get rid of it. Everyone I log , i get a Gump to continue quest, even I've it. Hawkwind won't give me a new one since he thinks the old one is still progress

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can you cancel it from the quest log on your character's context menu?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
yes, I already did, and it shows no quests pending. However, each time I log in, the unfinished quest pops up again on-screen.

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you do the quest again and have the book in your pack he will not give you the book just the primer. If you leave the book at home he will give you another book