• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does Vampire form give you any mana or stam reg. at all?

N

Nico-SP

Because by what the uo site says you dont get any reg. at all...?

G

Vampire Form gives +15 Stam Regen/+3 Mana Regen. It makes you immune to up to Greater Poison as well, DP has a chance to punch through the Poison Resistance, and Lethal always will. You also get 20% Life Drain with weapon attacks.

Vampire Form used to be pretty good for Necro/Mages, you wouldn't take damage from spells that required Garlic if you used a Scroll, Arcane Clothing or LRC for it. Then they made it to where using a spell that required Garlic (Even if you used Scroll, Arcane Clothing or LRC) does 17-23 damage to you. You also take 17-23 Damage from drinking a Cure Potion, since they're made out of Garlic.
So basically, a Necro/Mage in Vampire Form can only heal with SS, if he tries to use a Mini Heal, he'd end up taking more damage than he heals, and if he uses Greater Heal, he'd only heal 20s damage, if he tries to Cure himself, he ends up damaging himself. Vampire Form is basically for Warriors now, and actual Necro/Warriors are kind of rare, especially on some shards.

N

Nico-SP

Not to argue because i thank you for your response but how come uo doesn't post it?And how do u know this?Thru testing?

G

I tested it using KR, KR displays all your "Mods" on your char in the status bar, even "Mods" from Forms (One of it's only good features). I stripped all the equipment off of my Necro/Swordsman, and used Vampiric Embrace, and his Stamina Regen went up by 15 and his Mana Regen went up by 3.

Lich Form gives +13 MR/-4 HP Regen.
Moloch Form gives +20 HP Regen.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vamp embrace gives you 10 SR and 3 MR

--------------------------
Read the other guy post that says it display's KR mods... 10/3 could be wrong. That is what we used to think it was in the samurai forums.

I

imported_Skrag

<blockquote><hr>

DP has a chance to punch through the Poison Resistance

[/ QUOTE ]

Negative. If it's PVP you might be fighting someone with poisoning skill who has a chance to apply poison one level higher than what is on their weapon, thus hitting you with LP even though their weapon is merely DP, but that's beside the point. If DP is what is actually applied, vampiric embrace will purge it. I ought to know, I haven't had a character that WASN'T constantly in vampiric embrace in ages.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Vampire Form is basically for Warriors now, and actual Necro/Warriors are kind of rare, especially on some shards.

[/ QUOTE ]

They aren't rare where I come from (Oce)! Although true necro/warriors (chars that have Necro for other purposes than casting vamp form with items) are rare.

J

Jaimes

I think that's what he meant. Vamp Dexers are common, but actual Necro/Warriors (i.e. dexers that use necromancy to a fuller extent than one spell) are fairly rare.