• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does UO still have PvP??

A

Aasmius

I know it may sound like a silly question, but i haven't played since just after UO:R. Does UO still have an active PvP life? Which server offers the best PvP players? I wish to reactivate my account after all these years if there is an active PvP server still in UO. (not interested in free servers)

A

Altpersona

I know it may sound like a silly question, but i haven't played since just after UO:R. Does UO still have an active PvP life? Which server offers the best PvP players? I wish to reactivate my account after all these years if there is an active PvP server still in UO. (not interested in free servers)
It's probably not how you remember it. There's factions and stuff and really for pvp you should be looking at your ping rate not how active the server no? Seige perilous is probably you best bet.

A

Aasmius

I know things have changed, I am willing to relearn. i just wanted to make sure i wasnt A) wasting my tyme and money B) ON the best server what what i am looking for

D

Damodred

I reactivated a few weeks ago and while Im enjoying it, its not for the pvp. However I am a pk (not a real pvper) by heart and Felucca is somewhat active. I've already done my fair share of killing but I feel that with a decent partner/sidekick Id be more or less invincible. There is a huge lack of teamwork and everyone seem to play solo. On the other hand, with your current gear you will most likely be very outdated as well as everyone are geared up to their teeth's.

A

Aasmius

yah, i know i will have pleanty of work ahead of me, not a problem. I just need to know where to go before investing the tyme and money. I believe i will be able to bring back one or two more people with me.

I am currently posting all most the server boards to see what kind of responses i get. i am also looking into Ed Mcmanus's website, it seems they were/are active on LS.

I also looked at myUO ans saw that Catskills (8) and Euro (9) have the most waring guilds on there list. I just dont believe that is a accurate way of telling where the PvP is seeing how the system of PvP has changed.

C

Coppelia

The waring guilds are the RP guilds who needs PvP interaction in Trammel. Felucca players never figured out that wars would avoid them to go red all the time.
So unless you want lots of structured blah blah and a sometimes a bit of PvP under specific rules, the number of waring guilds isn't relevant.

For every production shard now the PvP is reduced to :
- despicable brawls around Yew moongate, where the worst players hug the guardzone and believe they are pro.
- champion spawns and harrower, although there's less and less chance to be disrupted doing a champion spawn nowadays, because of the number of altars against the number of PK who scan them regularily. That may change with a lot of players returning.
- scarce faction fights, because players don't like ending with a temporary skill loss that forces them to stay loggued on the char doing nothing, so they just take a faction thief and do the sigil dance.
- killing bots. Hurray.

The return of players these days is a hope for more PvP activity in Felucca.
For the choice of the shard, there's Siege, which is full PvP everywhere and tougher rules. But the ping is higher and there's probably not a lot of players at our time of play. Petra knows better, as she's playing there. Otherwise for ping and timezone, it's probably better to go to Europa if you're European.

R

RichDC

Just have to put my thoughts in for you,

I mainly play GL and am building chars on a few different servers(including europa) for the pvp.

The reason why, its relatively easy with new faction arties to make average suits to begin PvP.

GL has ALWAYS got hoping PvP, in all areas stated above...Massive Faction presence throughout fel, alot of yew gate fighting...and a hell of alot of guilds who raid spawns!

The problem is, sometimes it is dead...so by spreading out through the most PvP populated servers(atlantic, chesapeake, catskills and cant remember what the other ones were those are the ones im building on) you can log in at different times and get PvP. As Europa is my "local" server i am building a char there for when the Lag monster hits!

In Short...yes Uo has alot of PvP! Probs not as much as old, couldnt tell you wasnt into it But its out there in abundance! Some are skilled, some are not.

J

Jii the Cunning

Atleast Europa has very decent pvp and i would say Europa has the best players in OSI. Reason is simple, almost every player in Europa is able to play the template called scribe mage. With decent conn and mediocre suit we around 4 or 5 of us 30 players should be nailing any server down on fights like 4 vs 15 i'd say. Reason is simple, almost every player left in EU have got very good routine. We have been doing the same thing for ages, we know everything about the mechanics involving pvp, we use Ventrilo to communicate (for example i am Finnish and im in 100% Finnish guild which means our communication is nearly perfect as we all got same primary language) and we use all the restock items as well (mine for example, with mage i always carry: trap box, 40 cure pots, 20 heal pots, 50 refresh pots, 20 STR and agi pots, 20 enchanted apples, 20 conflag pots and couple of bolas). In another words, Europa is full of perfectly trained players. Although pvp level of europa has been going down lately because for some reason players have started to play non faction blues instead of faction chars. They are hugging GZ like one of last poster said. But when taking like 50 best players on shard, id say the skills are uncompareable to any other said.

Factions in Europa:
TB FEW
SL Pwn (SL has least members atm so if you join faction join SL)
Min ED, Men
CoM God, 2.0

So if you want some good fights join factions and check up the old places, yew gate and barracoon in despise. Best thing about the UO PvP now is really that mage templates are best: Scribe mage, necro mage or tactics mage.

For some better or worse quality info can be found from these forums:
http://einert.org/uoboard/

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you want to put him off, Jii? Those boards are nothing more than a trash talking flame fest!

J

Jii the Cunning

Did you want to put him off, Jii? Those boards are nothing more than a trash talking flame fest!
Yes thats right but atleast there is a bit of something else than trashtalk. Mainly its only place apart from ingame where you can get some advices for pvp etc.

I said better or worse info anyways.

Loppy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL Damodred a trammie trying to big himself up. I can name at least 15 players on europa who would kill you in under 10 seconds. :(

Jii is a "good" player and knows what hes talking about :thumbup:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes thats right but atleast there is a bit of something else than trashtalk. Mainly its only place apart from ingame where you can get some advices for pvp etc.

I said better or worse info anyways.

I think it would probably be better to find some decent players in game and ask for some tutoring. I can think of a few who are decent people as well, and, when it comes down to it, that's what counts, isn't it? It's all very well being able to nail anything that moves within three screens of you, but if you're cheating and/or running off at the mouth while you do it, I wouldn't consider you had anything worth while learning to teach.

D

Damodred

Hehe I would also kill myself in ten seconds if I played for the last four years but I didnt :)

J

Jii the Cunning

I think it would probably be better to find some decent players in game and ask for some tutoring. I can think of a few who are decent people as well, and, when it comes down to it, that's what counts, isn't it? It's all very well being able to nail anything that moves within three screens of you, but if you're cheating and/or running off at the mouth while you do it, I wouldn't consider you had anything worth while learning to teach.
Yeah its true that if you have to learn pvp skills its quite desperate to rely on uch boards as many ppl there will just flame you if you are willing to ask something.

Asking ppl in game is good but even better is to find the right people to play with and use ventrilo. Vent is the key to share loads of info in small amount of time. I have got about 70% of my knowledge from my pals via vent.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah its true that if you have to learn pvp skills its quite desperate to rely on uch boards as many ppl there will just flame you if you are willing to ask something.

Asking ppl in game is good but even better is to find the right people to play with and use ventrilo. Vent is the key to share loads of info in small amount of time. I have got about 70% of my knowledge from my pals via vent.

Vent is helpful, yes. So is sparring with someone who really knows their stuff. I don't pvp, my husband does, so I've learnt a fair bit watching him and listening to him. I know, mostly, who the good players are and who the cheats are and who the arses are. Sadly, on Europa, nature seems to have been fairly bountiful with those.

Folks complain that Fel is dead, no one goes there, etc etc etc. But they don't seem to be able to join the dots and see that it's the behaviour of more than few players over there that's keeping people away. It's all very well dying to skill, but when the guy who's just killed you and is currently shooting his mouth off has cheated to beat you, why bother? Easier to just stick to Tram. Sure, you're still gonna die, but you don't have to put up with someone who has the mentality and literacy skills of your average 8yr old bully to boot. I play to get away from my kids, not put up with other peoples badly behaved ones or, worse yet, 40yr old kids. No ta!

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vent is helpful, yes. So is sparring with someone who really knows their stuff. I don't pvp, my husband does, so I've learnt a fair bit watching him and listening to him. I know, mostly, who the good players are and who the cheats are and who the arses are. Sadly, on Europa, nature seems to have been fairly bountiful with those.

Folks complain that Fel is dead, no one goes there, etc etc etc. But they don't seem to be able to join the dots and see that it's the behaviour of more than few players over there that's keeping people away. It's all very well dying to skill, but when the guy who's just killed you and is currently shooting his mouth off has cheated to beat you, why bother? Easier to just stick to Tram. Sure, you're still gonna die, but you don't have to put up with someone who has the mentality and literacy skills of your average 8yr old bully to boot. I play to get away from my kids, not put up with other peoples badly behaved ones or, worse yet, 40yr old kids. No ta!

Couldnt agree more...fel is just full of griefers, serious bad language, abuse, racism and cheats, 3 times i made big guilds took them to fel.. ok they were newbies, but they were having fun, populating fel and trying... what happened.. all we got was pure abuse, and i mean SERIOUS VERBAL abuse of which was totally unacceptable . of course when it was reported GM`s they did nothing... I now prefer to stay in tram and play solo... got sick of being called all the s**gs, s**ts, w***es ,n****rs.. etc...And the non stop cheats

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Couldnt agree more...fel is just full of griefers, serious bad language, abuse, racism and cheats, 3 times i made big guilds took them to fel.. ok they were newbies, but they were having fun, populating fel and trying... what happened.. all we got was pure abuse, and i mean SERIOUS VERBAL abuse of which was totally unacceptable . of course when it was reported GM`s they did nothing... I now prefer to stay in tram and play solo... got sick of being called all the s**gs, s**ts, w***es ,n****rs.. etc...And the non stop cheats

I worry about my folks who go over there, but they've got experienced players with them who are teaching as they go and, give them their due, they're game and don't get knocked back easily. I'm glad to have a few experienced pvp'ers in the guild as it was something I couldn't offer, I just hope our folks persist and more join them.

A

Aasmius

i could careless if people "trash" talk it doesnt hurt my feelings. i grew up in the old 97 UO. Life was tough in Fel, but to me that is what made it fun. I dont care for "carebear" games. thus far in randomly playing most server i have yet to see more then 3-7 people in Fel and when i do see them they are near the Yew gate. I know the PvP of old isnt around anymore and i dont care for one on one duels to much (not enough action) but i would like 5-4 fights 6-9 fights close to even or even fights #s wise.

HOw would one be able to cheat in FEL and not in TRAM, it isnt like the rules that govern them are that different?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i could careless if people "trash" talk it doesnt hurt my feelings. i grew up in the old 97 UO. Life was tough in Fel, but to me that is what made it fun. I dont care for "carebear" games. thus far in randomly playing most server i have yet to see more then 3-7 people in Fel and when i do see them they are near the Yew gate. I know the PvP of old isnt around anymore and i dont care for one on one duels to much (not enough action) but i would like 5-4 fights 6-9 fights close to even or even fights #s wise.

HOw would one be able to cheat in FEL and not in TRAM, it isnt like the rules that govern them are that different?

There are a variety of cheats available for pvp'ers, none of which I'm going to name here since it upsets Petra. Use google, or search these forums for mentions of scripters, hackers and general cheats.

If you choose to ignore the trashtalk, that's your perogative. I choose not to place myself in a position where I have to ignore it; that's mine.

J

Jii the Cunning

Honestly if ppl start doing verbal harrasment against me by calling me with one of those so called "internet flaming names" i'd be just glad about it because it usually just means that ive pissed em off in game by killing them. Same goes when ppl starts to accuse me for speedhacking as i don't speedhack. I just take it as non-serious thing. Its really that ppl who don't know me irl can't insult me either. I would start taking it seriously if someone who knows me would start insulting over internet. That would be same as some random guy would start arguing with me in bar. He would get bleeding nose.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aasmius I want to tell you sincerly I appreciated A LOT your post about CAREBEAR games. UO is NOT one of those. I am also a 1997 pker . Europa should be soon an interesting pvp location, you can icq me 300 153 673 and I will reintroduce you to GIMP pvp and will imbue you a good suit.

I am the most hated of Europa, I don't have even to say my name cuz everybody knows me. I am sure you have my same old style Uo pker devilish mentality. If you feel a pker icq me.

Ps Jii the cunning is a random easy kill , whatever he says it's Random Philosophy of Nubism posts : famous ideology of many on EU " I am good at Uo being s**t at it"

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aasmius I want to tell you sincerly I appreciated A LOT your post about CAREBEAR games. UO is NOT one of those. I am also a 1997 pker . Europa should be soon an interesting pvp location, you can icq me 300 153 673 and I will reintroduce you to GIMP pvp and will imbue you a good suit.

I am the most hated of Europa, I don't have even to say my name cuz everybody knows me. I am sure you have my same old style Uo pker devilish mentality. If you feel a pker icq me.

Ps Jii the cunning is a random easy kill , whatever he says it's Random Philosophy of Nubism posts : famous ideology of many on EU " I am good at Uo being s**t at it"

Blazing believe me they WONT take your s**t on this board.. like they do on the UCH board

J

Jii the Cunning

No one is giving **** about blazing's words on any forums. He has humiliated himself so many times. Like when he died to my melee dexer as an speedhack archer :thumbup:

Asmius if i'd be you i'd stay far away from god guild. Joining god will just mean that your reputation goes down to 0.

http://einert.org/uoboard/viewtopic.php?t=6751

******** threads like those are just perfect examples. Posting pics where he is killing someone with speedhack archer, can there be anything more pathetic than that?