• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does UO Assist work correctly now?

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi all,

I am sorry if this was answered somewhere. I have not had UO Assist since last June when it flagged as a virus. Is it good to go now. Thank you for your time in answering this.

Have a great day!!

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Safe to run but presently broken. I keep getting a repeat download on it.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It works for me just cant get ore to stack at my feet and yes it is clicked
do you have at least one piece of ore at your feet? Also if you are making multiple swings at the mining spot, make sure there is sufficient delay to allow UOA to put ore in pack then move to ground if needed.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had a pile but yea dont think I had enough delay
try a pause of 2200 between the target-last target and use item type (or use item) lines. I've found this works pretty well ... for ore and lumber. Depending on your ping to the shard, you may need to adjust some.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It was fixed a WEEK after that issue. He had to replace the installer, and to fix it all one had to do was uninstall it, then reinstall with the new installer.

It's worked fine ever since.

IF you keep getting the repeat download, then you have the old version installed.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was fixed a WEEK after that issue. He had to replace the installer, and to fix it all one had to do was uninstall it, then reinstall with the new installer.

It's worked fine ever since.

IF you keep getting the repeat download, then you have the old version installed.
So how do we install this "new" version, it didn't do it automatically? On my desktop everything seems to be fine, on my laptop just keeps looping the patch and I cannot get into the game on that comp. It has worked fine until yesterday.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Safe to run but presently broken. I keep getting a repeat download on it.
uninstall but keep your settings (click to keep them when prompted)
then DL the new/current version and install.
problem solved.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today, UOA updated and worked on my laptop but I don't know if I have the "new" version or not.

On my desktop this is what the settings window says: Versions currently running: UOAssist.exe 1.9.0.0 - UOAssist.dll 1.22.12.0 - UpdateAce.dll 0.10.0.0

On my laptop this is what the settings window says: Versions currently running: UOAssist.exe 1.8.5.0 - UOAssist.dll 1.22.12.0 - UpdateAce.dll 0.10.0.0

The laptop goes directly into the game now without anything unusual happening and I don't see any problem when in game of it not working.

I have multiple accounts and each of them have their own unique UOA number and all of them have tons of macros so I am hesitant to uninstall and perhaps lose them. Any suggestions to assure me that I won't mess that up?

I have used UOA for over 15 years now and I have never had this problem, I wonder why now?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something funky happened, yesterday mine kept downloading a .dll file. Today it worked fine.