• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does training a mob pre taming influence its tamed stats and skills?

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In other words, are the tamed stats and skills calculated using the numbers a creature spawns with, or the numbers displayed before taming?

I don't think I ever read anything official about that, or any conclusions by a player who'd have made tests.

Thanks for any help.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
this is a post from ladynico
"There is no increased skill loss on being peace or discord tamed. There is no stat (str/dex/int)loss at all for para/peace/discord taming.

Only paralyse taming brings with it the extra 4% loss of skill and even that only negatively affects those critters whose skills may exceed 100.

When I get tired of walking around in circles, I regularly para-tame cu sidhes since all skills reach a maximum of 100 and they can all be retrained to their 100 max skills.

I would not, however, consider para-taming reptalons, fire steeds, hiryus, rune beetles, or greater dragons, etc., whose skills can exceed 100. Discord or peace tame them? Sure, no extra loss for either. "

that being said there ending stats are figured from the stats they start with the exception to this is if you paralyze them
there is more info if you use the search method in the tamer forum
hope this helps

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup, sorry if I was not clear.

I was thinking about greater dragons more specificaly, as it surely wouldn't be very hard to train a wild one before taming it...

I will do some tests myself when I get a chance anyway, and update with findings.