• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does This Make Sense?

U

uoBuoY

I'm training a White Wyrm. All skills are GMed except for Magery which has been very slow to gain.

We were training with Cyclopean Wars and Titans, the Wyrmed is Discoed, of course. For some reason, it occurred to me that I really don't need the targets hitting my Wyrm for him to gain in Magery. So I started Peacing the targets and the Wyrm gained from 98.6 to 99.0 in about 30-45 minutes.

As I see it, the Peacing limits the interruptions of my Wyrm's Magic casting which "should" improve his gains. More successful castings = more chance to gain in Magery. Does this sound logical? Or did the RNG just smile upon me for a moment?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. The RNG smiled on you
2. Since you have one target for a longer period of time, there's more time for casting. With less time to wait between monsters, you see more gains. That's why the Twisted weald is popular for magery training. There are spots where the monster can't see you and your pet can just go on casting against one opponent forever.

R

RichDC

I have always found (since i got told) that an undiscod mage will gain faster than a discod mage due to the meditation dropping to 72 under discord.

Less mana = less spells cast = less gains.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That just sounds like the RNG, I've had similar gains on non disco'd pets and I don't use peace.

I tend to get something like a rotter which will take a while to kill, then give the pet a second or two to med if it's out alone or attack with the other pet to give it a break that way.

Sitting at the same target for hours IMO will mean your pet has no mana after a while and I just can't see that being helpful when training magery :D I think Rich makes a very good point with the disco also affecting meditation, something I hadn't thought of TBH.

Wenchy

U

uoBuoY

OP here...

Actually, even Discoed, the Wyrm kills Titans, Cyclos and Demons fairly quickly.
I keep an eye on the Wyrm's Mana and it's never been a problem.

"That's why the Twisted weald is popular for magery training. There are spots where the monster can't see you and your pet can just go on casting against one opponent forever."

I don't understand this. Doesn't the target monster die in short order to the spells?

R

RichDC

There are 2types of mobs in twisted that you WW can cast on virtually all day,

Swoop, this will sometimes fly onto nearby rocks and get "stuck" it will be unable to hit your pet and your pet unable to hit them, it has stupidly high hp and high resists/hpr so it is possible to cast forever.

Paragon Cu(maybe even non pargon without firebreath),you can "trap" one of these near the desert (a circle of rocks) your pet will just cast over the rocks and they will never melee, the paragons not only have stupid high HP but they also heal themselves so again can cast pretty much all day.

As well as this, if you are unguilded you can just fight your own pets, they will do 0 damage but will gain magery and resist spells.

D

DDesire

As well as this, if you are unguilded you can just fight your own pets, they will do 0 damage but will gain magery and resist spells.

How well does this work? compared to regular hunting

R

RichDC

Well, and its easy. As the target never dies it they just non stop cast(well they sometimes break for mana) Works about the same as getting them to attack a shadow elemental.

Boring but easy :p

Edit: i would still suggest the Swoops though, as all they will ever do is cast.

U

uoBuoY

Well, and its easy. As the target never dies it they just non stop cast(well they sometimes break for mana) Works about the same as getting them to attack a shadow elemental.

Edit: i would still suggest the Swoops though, as all they will ever do is cast.
I have used Swoops for pet melee training and was always POed when they unpredictably perched upon the rocks. But I do know that the Swoop can just as unpredictably jump off the rocks and start banging away and I don't think a Discoed White Wyrm would do very well against the Swoop. But I am going to try that Cu idea, fore sure.

D

DDesire

Unguilded worked like a charm.. went from 88 - 100 magery in two days :thumbsup: