• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does this game..

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
EVER get any updates? Feels like its just left alone to wither away.
Sad ending.
We've received minimal updates over the last 5 years while the team focuses on NL; which is supposed to go live in September. Time will tell if that happens and if they plan on actually doing anything to the Prod (non-NL) version of the game afterwards.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Question asked: Does this game EVER get any updates?

Game is exactly the same as it was in 1997? Yup no updates EVER. Only took 26 years to notice.

The void pool has always been there and had pirates.

Last edited:

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ultima Online Updates... <---- link to Ultima Online Updates. I used Google to find these.

Here are the latest publishes.

April 17, 2024
April 15, 2024
April 10, 2024
February 16, 2024
December 5, 2023
November 16, 2023
October 17, 2023
October 12, 2023
Septermber 21, 2023

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
UO is ending? no way !!
it's got at least another 10 years before everyone checks in to the retirement home...
Wasn't that what was said with Renaissance (Trammel) way back when?No updates? What was Time of Legends? Just a publish? I'm unsure.

mihali

Sage
Sad ending.
In order to perceive the updates at all you need to actually play the game, and not just post.
Also there is pretty good documentation as to the updates and what they are.
You imply/present two false statements for some reason, first that there are no updates, then that the game will end.
Were you looking at a specific part of the game to be updated?

There are MANY updates. Some we like, some we do not, not all of us anyway. Some examples?
Treasure hunting (some of us are unhappy about this one).
IDOCS some apple unhappy with this update also.
TAMING and most pole like this one.
PVP updates back and forth, to address power creep, and depending on who cries harder.
Housing and castles.
Spell casting, especially as it affects PVP.
The old content is still there, but there is new content added like high Seas, and Abyss items, and others.

mihali

Sage
Yep..I am using windows 7, very close to XP, and works perfectly.
I think if the OP was even playing this game at all, he would have noticed changes/hotfixes/"updates" of sorts almost every time he logs in on the log-in page.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There are MANY updates. Some we like, some we do not, not all of us anyway. Some examples?
Treasure hunting (some of us are unhappy about this one).
IDOCS some apple unhappy with this update also.
TAMING and most pole like this one.
PVP updates back and forth, to address power creep, and depending on who cries harder.
Housing and castles.
Spell casting, especially as it affects PVP.
The old content is still there, but there is new content added like high Seas, and Abyss items, and others.
All of these updates (with exception of a few PvP updates that are hardly ground breaking) are over 5 years old at this point.

Agree with Anon that even though the OP is clearly a troll post; realistically we have received a very similar, if not the exact same, (dynamic) event for the past 5 years. The last meaningful "update" was the updating of treasure hunting and the addition of the black market / maritime chests. Adding rewards to the blackmarket vendor/Krampus/Artisan Fest/Halloween/etc is not really an "update". Same thing with the Void Pool now; it's basically the same thing we've always had except with a change to the reward.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sad ending.
The majority of the development focus has been on NL for the past several years, with production receiving maintenance and minor updates during this period due to the small team size. NL is due to be released in the next few months and will completely revitalize the UO community, as stated by the Lead Producer.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Crazy as it seems to me the game is almost 27 years old. I think we would be happier if we accept that UO is pretty much in maintenance mode. What that actually means is different to different people but you can google that and find what fits your view of the world best.

Regardless, I will probably play the game until it ends because I do enjoy the game and the people. That is, unless I end first.
I'm not quite in maintenance mode yet though. :p

Fingers

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In order to perceive the updates at all you need to actually play the game, and not just post.
You imply/present two false statements for some reason, first that there are no updates, then that the game will end.
Lets not respond like you "know" me.
Active on LS. Castle owner in the snow.
Now that THAT is addressed, lets move on.

I didnt imply diddly. You must have tried mind reading across the internet and failed.
If I wanted to say "man this game never gets any updates" I would have. UO.com has months old update on its page. Perhaps other games are spoiling me with theirs.
If I had wanted to say "uo is dead and ending" I would have. Heard it a million or 6 times since beta.
The sad ending part just may be mine. (since you asked.....errr wait...no you didnt)

I really dont need y'alls lip.
But Ive come to expect.
Surprise me once.

Fingers

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While he's trolling it realistically been 5 or more years since any real content has been added
Trolling?
If thats what you feel, carry on.
It was a simple ask. UO.com front page months old posts for example.
Weeeee.....shuriken fix.

Ok, back to accusing me of trolling.
Just dont expect me to eve respond again.
I know it hurts, but it has to be that way.

Fingers

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All of these updates (with exception of a few PvP updates that are hardly ground breaking) are over 5 years old at this point.

Agree with Anon that even though the OP is clearly a troll post; realistically we have received a very similar, if not the exact same, (dynamic) event for the past 5 years. The last meaningful "update" was the updating of treasure hunting and the addition of the black market / maritime chests. Adding rewards to the blackmarket vendor/Krampus/Artisan Fest/Halloween/etc is not really an "update". Same thing with the Void Pool now; it's basically the same thing we've always had except with a change to the reward.
Wait justa second.....Im trolling? What are you doing then? Bashing? I mean its a truthful bash, but its way more trolling than me asking a simple question.
Maybe This forum isnt the place to ask.
Seems like some y'all just cant wait to make that leap.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are from LS then Allen has called you a NOOB at least once.

I trade a fel castle in the snow for a tram one.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wait justa second.....Im trolling? What are you doing then? Bashing? I mean its a truthful bash, but its way more trolling than me asking a simple question.
Maybe This forum isnt the place to ask.
Seems like some y'all just cant wait to make that leap.
Let's be clear at what you said since you changed it (several days after posting and everyone responding). You asked if this game "EVER gets any updates" which short answer is "yes". Then you made an ambiguous statement of "sad end". You can split hairs if you'd like but that seems like a troll post to me because if it wasn't then I think you would have expanded a little more (like you did just now) about how UO updates on the main UO.com page are few and far between and X Y Z other games you play have no issues; that would have made it less troll-like imo.

To be fair - we are on the same side and I'm agreeing with you that specifically over the last 5 years there have been very little updates to the game.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was just thinking earlier today: Mondains Legacy was almost 19 years ago. UO came out, a few years later you had AoS, like 2 years after that you had ML. No Tram no skill locks no T2A to elves and all that ML nonsense in like 7 years or so.

I have no point, just found it interesting. At the time that seemed like a huge stretch of time

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I honestly think that UO.com is way more out of date and less updated than the actual game client itself.

There is some truth to the OPs original statement I agree, but there have been publishes and updates, but nothing truely meaningful as to new content and expansions...so, he kinda wasnt trolling, it just came off as trolling?

shootgun

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
According to my in game friends, the most impactful patch that happened in the last few years was the rabbit/egg updates. Most of the other things were reskin of the existing content.
I played the game actively from a year ago to until two weeks ago. We did not get any new content or game play updates during this time. It was just reskin of the existing content and a minor PvP balance patch in the last year. There was no new content for a year. This did not bother me as much because I was coming back to the game, but things can get stale if a new content is not added at least once a year or once in every 18 months IMHO.