• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does the magic ability poisoning on pets cost mana?

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Do poisoning attempts (successful or not) of pets with the poisoning magic ability cost mana? And if so, how much?

I know that the magic ability discordance costs mana (even if you fail), but I am not sure regarding poisoning. I am not talking about the poisoning specials (venomous bite etc.), or the magic spell poisoning, or the hidden poison skin ability of bane dragons, but about the general magic ability "poisoning".

From what I have observed, it does not cost mana (or even if, just a tiny amount). However, I'd be very grateful if somebody could confirm or falsify this. The UO-Cah website did not explain about poisoning afaik.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It costs about 5 Mana per use. My Wolf Spiders with just Poisoning are constantly at 100% Mana with just GM Med/GM Focus (no MR). I had to Mana Vampire their Mana to 0 for them to quickly GM Med/Focus before i GMed their Resist.