• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

does stratics need more moderators?

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The reason I ask in the title of the thread is because I've been seeing more and more trade threads posted in the general shard forum on the website rather then the shard trade forum. Take Atlantic for example, more trade threads popping up in general shard forum instead of the Atlantic trading forum on the website.

Do the trade forums for each shard matter anymore? Or is Stratics in need of more moderators?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No they don't need more Moderators, they need to ditch some of the sub-forums.
Get rid of all the shard specific trade forums and just have 1 for a start.
Not enough people ingame anymore to warrant needing separate forums for each shard, a lot more can easily be merged together without having any detrimental affects.

And i'm sure this is happening right now as we speak ;)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I check all of the individual shard forums and shard trade forums for moderation stuff, since not much happens there that needs moderation I don't think more mods would be needed for it. Only takes me 10 minutes or so to quickly scan them all for issues. Since most shard forums don't have much activity these days I don't see the need to move all the "buying/selling" threads from the main forum into the shard trade forum. It would just decrease the forums activity.

I agree with the idea of merging most of the shard trade forums into Traders Hall though. We could just add shard prefixes so people can mark which shard it is on easily.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with the idea of merging most of the shard trade forums into Traders Hall though. We could just add shard prefixes so people can mark which shard it is on easily.
I'd rather simply go to my shard's forum to find buying/selling threads mixed into the announcements and such then have to wade through a single forum of every shard's buying/selling threads just to find something applicable.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'd rather simply go to my shard's forum to find buying/selling threads mixed into the announcements and such then have to wade through a single forum of every shard's buying/selling threads just to find something applicable.
This. I like how Origin and Siege are set up. Atlantic is the excpetion because it has so many buy/sell/trade threads.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But if they could set up a system where you could filter by shards.....it would be a huge improvement, since many people now shop on various shards due to the ease of shard travel..