• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does "Steal Life" work?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have it on my Cu. He's got max strength (700) and max damage per second (33), but I don't notice any life regeneration from the Steal Life ability.

Whats the word on this?

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
put this on my first CU(mistake), it is an attack which does energy damage to mob and then gives you a small bit of the damage done back as life to your pet. that said I have not noticed my CU using this, and if so can not tell by damage he does or any life he gets back, so must be very small as far as i can figure. (not sure what the animation looks like though, this would be useful in figuring it out). on a side note my CU that I gave AI, instead of life steal, has a higher DPS as well as heals up faster with just his normal healing than other CU with healing and life steal.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have it on my Cu. He's got max strength (700) and max damage per second (33), but I don't notice any life regeneration from the Steal Life ability.

Whats the word on this?
My Healer Cu is packed very deep in the stable. He probably doesn't get much feed either.

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Between self-bandaging, mastery regen and pet regeneration, it's hard to see if there's anything going on.
Maybe redesign it as a "life leech light", healing for only 20% the amount, while costing only 1 mana per hit instead of 5.
It's the amount of 1% here and 1% there that builds up and forms a proper fitting.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Life steal isn't what (pretty much anyone) thinks it is. It's that ability Kappa have that does 1 damage ticks. It doesn't actually heal anything (or if it does it's doing 1 hp).

(i.e. a complete waste of time putting it on any pet.)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Cu shouldn't be able to have "life Steal" as that sounds like a Necro style ability and Cu's are positive karma Chiv pets.