• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Does it matter where I unravel ?

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been asking this question to several peoples, and I get both Ye and Nay answers so I thought to ask here.

Does it make any difference if I unravel at the Queens Forge or just at Home?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Everything I've heard before says that the Queen's Forge gives a bonus (and the public forge outside gives a bonus, but 1/3 that of the QF)

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've noticed an increase in relics after changing my imbuer to gargoyle and using the queen's forge.

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know for Imbue itself the Public & Queens Forge give thier own bonuses.
I also know that a Gargoyle has bonus to Imbue itself too.

What is not stated anywhere is if this applies to unravelling.
All articles I have read sofar only imply the bonuses apply to Imbuing.

As I cannot unravel the exact same loot twice, it is hard for me to verify for myself that any Race or Forge bonuses apply to unravel, making it unclear if it matters at all where you unravel loot.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know for Imbue itself the Public & Queens Forge give thier own bonuses.
I also know that a Gargoyle has bonus to Imbue itself too.

What is not stated anywhere is if this applies to unravelling.
All articles I have read sofar only imply the bonuses apply to Imbuing.

As I cannot unravel the exact same loot twice, it is hard for me to verify for myself that any Race or Forge bonuses apply to unravel, making it unclear if it matters at all where you unravel loot.
Testing with artifacts (which are the same item every time) long ago confirmed that unraveling gets the bonus from the forge - otherwise Gargoyles couldn't unravel 400-intensity items for relics, when the other races are limited to 450 intensity items giving relics at a home forge.