• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Does fishing skill affect crab fishing?

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does Fishing skill have any affect on crab fishing at all? ie. faster to catch more crabs with higher fishing skill?

TY

Edit:
replying to myself: After taking fishing skill on and off my char for crab fishing, I can very sure confirm having GM fishing does matter how fast you catch crabs. I am noticing HUGE differences!!

XD

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having recently obtained a 120 fishing scroll having been stuck at 110 for some time, I have certainly noticed a reduction in the time it takes me to catch a certain weight of crabs/lobsters. It doesn't appear to change the proportion of named crabs (which seems to be around half the number of regular ones), so I must conclude that the traps are more likely to make a catch.