• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does Dex play a role in success?

K

Keno

Since Dexterity is raised effectively through music does Dex then play a role in determining success of Barding or are they actually unrelated?
Should I use Stat points to allow for higher Dex on a non-melee (Bard/Tamer) character or use them otherwise?

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as far as i have known, dex has nothing to do with the actual playing ability .. sure it raises with music .. but thats just sayin you have quick fingers ;-)

if you are non melee, i would say you points are spent better in STR for HP, or INT for mana .... though i do use some dex on my bard, as living in fel, its a pain to get stuck behind a great hart on the way to hunting dragons :-/ ... ;-)

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 15 dex on my bard.... at 100% music you have 100% chance of not failing the music check (the discord check is another story).

you just can't play songs as fast at lower dex :p