• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] Does Death Strike Damage Stack?

• Thread starter Luke Carjacker
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Luke Carjacker

I'm totally new to the ninjitsu skill so I'm hoping someone can answer this question. Death Strike applies additional damage 5 seconds after the hit based on movement and so forth. In the interim, it's possible to hit your target a few more times. The question is, does the Death Strike damage bonus stack?

Say you're swinging max speed, hit, 1.25 seconds later hit, 1.25 seconds later hit, 1.25 seconds later hit. That's 4 hits in under 5 seconds. Provided you have enough mana and enough FC/FCR (haven't done calculations to be sure, but you get the picture), will you get the Death Strike damage 5 seconds after each hit? Or does each subsequent DS wipe out an earlier one, or do the subsequent ones not count while one is active?

Thanks.

S

Sir Kenga

DEATH STRIKE [30 mana, 85 min skill, 120 skill gives 95.0% success]
NOTE: Damage from Death Strike is halved with bow attacks.

If you hit in combat & pass the check to use deathstrike this 30 mana attack halves the damage of your initial strike and then has one of 2 additional effects:

1) If the target takes less than 5 steps during the next 5 seconds then they will take (Ninjitsu/9)*(.3+.7*(hiding+stealth)/220) + [tracking bonus] DIRECT damage
2) If the target takes more than 5 steps in the next 5 seconds then they will take (Ninjitsu/3)*(.3+.7*(hiding+stealth)/220) + [tracking bonus] DIRECT damage

TRACKING: If you sucessfully track a target before you deathstrike, the next deathstrike attack will do additional damage as follows. Adds up to 10 damage based on the distance between where the target was standing when you tracked them and where they are standing when you deathstrike them. In addition you will do tracking /10 (rounded down bonus damage)
[Tracking bonus is now capped at 10 + 1/10 skill ]

DAMAGE IS CAPPED AT 60 (if they run) & 20 (if they stand still).
If you stack a second deathstrike attack, the caps change to 70 (if they run) & 30 (if they stand still). (IMO the extra 10 damage isnt worth another 30 mana.)

Note: The 5 sec damage is unaffected by choice of weapon or level of tactics/anatomy (you can even use wrestling).

In PvP Death Strike can be used to put your enemy in a dilemma: run and take 40 (up to 60 with tracking) or stay toe to toe with you and take 13 (up to 20 with tracking).

The stealth changes have made the formula for death strike damage a little cumbersome. Here are some examples:

0 hiding and 0 stealth = 12 damage if they run (elf) [not including tracking] (a human does 17 because of the free 20 in hiding and stealth)

100 hiding and 80 stealth = 34 damage if they run [not including tracking]

100 hiding and 120 stealth = 40 damage if they run [not including tracking]

TRACKING SKILL
Tracking can give a damage bonus to your first deathstrike attack. The bonus is based on the distance between where your opponent was standing when you tracked them and where they are standing when you attack them. The greater the distance, the greater the bonus.

It does not take much tracking to track players that are near you. (I have 5 tracking, but I have heard you can track players with just 0.1 tracking skill.) If the players have hiding/stealth it will take a MUCH higher tracking skill to track them reliably.
Source

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty sure I've done 75 dmg DS when I had them tracked, deathstruck twice, and hit an omen before the 5th step.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok ok

so death strike damage is based on

ninjitsu skill level...
stealth skill level..
gm hiding?
gm track...

does detect hidden do anything for it?

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, Detect hidden gives no bonuses to ninjas as far as damage.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tracking doesn't add to damage either. You get a damage bonus for tracking them for 5 steps away from the tile they were initially tracked on. The damage boost is the same regardless of whether you have gm tracking or you tracked them with the 20 joat.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so then..

better to be human or is elf good too? i know elfs reveal others better but do you get revealed easier too?