• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does death reset a counter for gains?

• Thread starter SyKo of GL
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

SyKo of GL

I am currently taming like a fiend because i want to have high taming because..... well i just do. lol. i was at 98.2 and taming bulls for bout 2 hours with not a single gain. so i ate food, killed myself and what do you know, first bull i tamed after, i gained on! is this just a freak accident or is there logic behind it?

i also crossed a server line before taming.

thx for ur input in advance =)

K

Kazumi the Wild

I'd venture to guess its a freak accident.

If you want to know for sure, why don't you continue to test it?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am currently taming like a fiend because i want to have high taming because..... well i just do. lol. i was at 98.2 and taming bulls for bout 2 hours with not a single gain. so i ate food, killed myself and what do you know, first bull i tamed after, i gained on! is this just a freak accident or is there logic behind it?

Bulls at 98.2. Hmmm. Maybe take off some items and drop the taming back to the very low 90s, high 80s and try white wolves? Or boost it a bit more to about 104 and tame ki-rins or unicorns. Sometimes it helps to just log off for a while and come back later if you're not getting any gains for such a long stretch.

I think sometimes it also helps if you throw in doing something else with the character to get a few gains in some other skills at the same time and leave the area and come back. (For example, if you insist on sticking to taming bulls, kill them and take the leather and run it to the bank or house when you get full.) If nothing else, it will help save your sanity.

Edited to add: You could also try drakes. The area at the north end of the main floor of Destard is a good place for taming drakes. You run into a few water elementals and wyverns, but usually it isn't too hard to get one of the drakes to follow you off to a quiet spot and then tame it.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There is no logic to it at all. It really will only help if you keep your overall skill points low while working animal taming, then work the less needed, faster to gain skills last.