• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Does blowing up the chest trap destroy items ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Failing to pick the treasure chest's lock equals to items which can be destroyed by gas escaping from the chest or stolen by a Grubber.

How about not removing the trap using the remove trap skill but instead blowing it up with telekinesis or simply opening the trapped chest ?

Does that also destroy items inside the chest as when failing to pick the lock ?

I could find no literature on this, anyone has info ?

Thanks !

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nope it does not I use telekenises all the time. make sure your far enough away from chest , other wise you will end up dead

Venora Rhyse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If you have problems with chests that get hidden under tree's that you can't see when you walk to a safe distance, do the following: use the telekinesis spell and use your "Last Target" macro (or icon if in Enhanced Client).

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
No, it does not.
And I don't bother with telekinesis either. Most damage I took so far from the explosion with 70 fire resist was 90, which is not enough to kill my t-hunter.
Why bother walking away to cast a spell if the max damage you will take won't kill you?
I just use my greater heal macro after that while I right click the only interesting stuff out of the chest grid.