• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does anyone use fertile dirt?

G

I cant remember the benefit to using fertile dirt, such as that found from green thorns and earth elementals...

I know there was a reason for it. Didn't see it in the FAQ.

TIA

D

Dalamos

From what I know it give you a shot at your plant skipping a stage of growth.

So pretty much there is a chance that your plant can get two days growth in just one day. I don't believe the chance is very high though.

G

Yeah, you're correct.
The chance is about 10% which seems quite low considering how much dirt you need.

I don't bother with it if I'm just growing plants to day nine and setting them to decorative.
If I'm growing plants for their 8 seeds that they give, i'll sometimes use fertile dirt, especially for orange petal producing plants which are always high in demand. The only other time I'll use it is if I have an emergency order and the customer needs them as soon as possible.

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use fertile dirt when I'm cross pollinating to get a specific type of plant. Like when I started the orange petal plants, I used it from the seeds I got off boglings up until after this batch which will be dull orange pampa's grass plants. I'll stop using it after I cross pollinate those and replant the Bright Orange Pampas Grass seeds.

My friend was kind enough to spare 10,000 of his fertile dirt to get me there. I still have loads left lol.

D

Dalamos

10,000 of the dirt?

Thats a lot of dead Earth elements for sure!

With the 10th items dropping, maybe now is a good time to start my own dirt farm. Doubt it will matter though, I've yet to get a drop yet, ugh!

G

Thats some serious dedication to killing the swamp vine things, easier to harvest the earth from elems since theres no wait time on them

Rey~

G

Wow, forgot I made this post...

I get fertile dirt from thorns as well, they produce a boatload of dirt

G

New question.

Does it matter if plants are "locked down" in a container in your house, or "secured" in a container in your house?

i.e. will they grow one way and growth is suspended the other? How does this work?

G

They grow if locked down, if stored in a secure container they "hibernate" and don't grow until removed for a full day. This is good for vacations that come up in the middle of a harvest, or for storing seeds since they don't stack. Instead of taking the 8 seeds out of the plant and taking 8 storages spots, just put the plant in a container and ya have 8 seeds taking 1 storage

Rey~

G

<blockquote><hr>

They grow if locked down, if stored in a secure container they "hibernate" and don't grow until removed for a full day. This is good for vacations that come up in the middle of a harvest, or for storing seeds since they don't stack. Instead of taking the 8 seeds out of the plant and taking 8 storages spots, just put the plant in a container and ya have 8 seeds taking 1 storage

Rey~

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh. I should have thought of this. I pulled my latest batch of seeds out of a secure in my house stored in this exact manner, I should have known secures keeps them hibernated. However, I have always grown on my floor (last growing cycle I completed was 2 years ago) so I didn't know if locking them down in pouches, as I'm trying this time (floorspace is minimal this time around) would trigger the cycle.

Thanks for quick replies!

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to the FAQ they won't grow if they're locked down inside a container...

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

10,000 of the dirt?

Thats a lot of dead Earth elements for sure!

With the 10th items dropping, maybe now is a good time to start my own dirt farm. Doubt it will matter though, I've yet to get a drop yet, ugh!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are farming for fertile dirt...I believe that the best source for it is still ant lions (which also give ore).

C

Chameleon

I used up all my fertile dirt but dun see any difference between using them and the normal dirt.