• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does anyone have any updated tips for raising Magery?

Hello all,

I finally created a mage for the ability to mark runes for my characters.

So far, I started by buying up to 40, then taking quests for Meditation, Eval, Healing, Anatomy and Magery.

It was slow until I completed the Magery quest and received my Ember Staff. Since then, I would melee skeletons for gains, and at 55.4 can cast Lightning pretty regularly as well as the occasional melee with my staff. I have tried Incognito and Magic Reflection fairly infrequently, but it's been mainly cast Lightning and melee the mobs down.

At my level, things are woefully slow, and I have searched LOTS of Magery training tips, and those are Very outdated. The method usually to cast Mana Drain on yourself (Which doesn't let me cast on myself) or being able to cast Mark at a level of 52.1 (which is false) at 55.4, I have a 0 chance of casting Sixth Level spells.

So my question is, have any of you leveled a mage lately, and can pass any tips for leveling Magery post 50 (55.4) ?

Thanks for any tips

Thanks, that is good news indeed. I won't have to keep casting spells and just use my Ember staff and save my reagents until I can successfully cast spells. Thanks again Mal!!

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
you can also use a mage wand, when your skill gets higher and just target an item in your backpack

Ok, a little update, I hit 70.4 Magery, and still can't cast Sixth level spells (0 chance of casting). Am I missing anything? Is there a quest for being able to cast Sixth circle spells or above?

As with other circles, I was able to cast as my skill rank increased, now I am at a skill rank of expert and still a 0 chance of success.

Any insight is always welcome.

The only thing about that guide is that it is a bit out of date, it says to cast Reveal and other sites say Invisibility, well that might have been correct prior to a change, Reveal and Invisibility as well as Mark are all Sixth circle spells and I still have 0 percent chance of casting. Something may have changed in the formula.

Thanks for the site, I will keep battling undead with my mage weapon until 80 Magery and see if it will allow me to cast it. It really doesn't matter much now because I plan to Grandmaster Magery, so eventually I will be able to cast all spells.

Thanks all, the magic number was 72.1, that is Sixth circle spells have a slight chance to cast spells. Thanks Malforce, Cinderella and Drakeforce, you guys are awesome!!!