• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does a great dragon still need two stable slots?

B

blust3

It is odd because I can stable 12 pets including two greater dragons and I have only 100 on my vet skill.

G

The dragon itself will only use 1 stable slot. The second you're maybe thinking of is to allow you to stable every pet so you can swap between a 5 slot dragon and something else.

Example, if I have a full 14 stable slots used, I could have a 15th pet bonded and logging out with me. But to swap pets in the stables, I'd need to claim a second pet, stable the one I didn't want etc.

If you bond a greater dragon however, you need that extra stable slot at the swap stage, because you can't pull a 1 slot pet from the stables alongside your dragon.

So a tamer who keeps a greater dragon will always be restricted to an absolute max of 14 stable spaces, because they need to be able to stable every pet to swap the greater dragon around.

I hope that makes sense lol.

Wenchy

B

blust3

Thanks. I was told that a great dragon takes two stable slots instead of one slot for any other kind of pets. To adopt two greater dragons, I had let four pets go. :-(

I don't have know that I can do it by only letting two pets go.

G

<blockquote><hr>

To adopt two greater dragons, I had let four pets go. :-(

[/ QUOTE ]
Woops, heh
If u are on europa i can tame most pets,
PM me if u need any

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The wrinkle with stabling greater dragons is that they require five control slots so they require that you have one empty stable slot for a greater dragon.

With other pets, that require fewer than five control slots, you can usually do a shuffle to “swap” a pet in and out of a full stable. You just can not do that with the greater dragons.

K

ken01

YU can always add a ring or brace to get a stable slot yu wouldnt otherwisw have long enough to put the 5 slot dragon into the stable then get another pet out.I dont use to try an keep an extra slot because I dont know what would happen if I died. But it rplaces the old pullout a one slot animal to switch pets routine if I always want a ride under my butt an a full stable.