• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Documentation

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something has been bugging me about this forum. People take the time to make screenshots of the event items they want to sell and label them in the post. This creates a visual reference linking the name of an item with its picture that people can in the future find from searching. Yet a lot of people replace the item description or the final prices items sold for with simply SOLD or delete it altogether instead of just leaving that information there for future reference. Some people do leave up the pictures, descriptions, prices sold for, and these are great resources, but others delete information that is useful to the community.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something has been bugging me about this forum. People take the time to make screenshots of the event items they want to sell and label them in the post. This creates a visual reference linking the name of an item with its picture that people can in the future find from searching. Yet a lot of people replace the item description or the final prices items sold for with simply SOLD or delete it altogether instead of just leaving that information there for future reference. Some people do leave up the pictures, descriptions, prices sold for, and these are great resources, but others delete information that is useful to the community.
I concur, should leave prices items sold for so we can get an idea of what market value is.

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
I know I'm not the only one who gets excited when I see an [Auction] post in the search engine for the item I'm looking for.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Totally agree, I leave mine up... (even though it's been a while since I had a LOT of items up)

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I leave mine up as well, but I've found an auction isn't really the best guide regarding prices. I've seen some things sell for ridiculous amounts for a million different reasons. No telling what someone will bid when their blood is up.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I leave mine up as well, but I've found an auction isn't really the best guide regarding prices. I've seen some things sell for ridiculous amounts for a million different reasons. No telling what someone will bid when their blood is up.
It's not just about the prices, they do give a general guildline though on average if current enough. It's people finding items at fallen houses years after the event and searching google looking for info, better to have them directed here to us. Also just for example going into a thread like Goodman's current one and you see something you like in the picture, but the name is missing due to it being sold and the name deleted.