• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Dockmaster

H

hunterd38

I'm trying to understand the purpose of the Dockmaster. I haven't been able to find any information on him other than in the publish notes. I don't see a way to transfer goods to your ships hold via the Dockmaster at all and I'm very disappointed in the unload. I thought I would try it out assuming I would either be able to choose the items to be moved or that I would be able to access my bank box from wherever the items did end up. To my surprise the Dockmaster simply drops a crate on the ground with the entire contents of my ships hold (11,000 plus stones in my case) and you are not able to access your bank box from this area. To top it off I find that the crate deletes in 15 minutes along with anything left in it. I ran frantically back and forth to the bank getting everything I could moved over and ended up losing almost half of the contents when my 15 minutes was up. So basically I paid the man 5K to delete a weeks worth of tedious fishing and lobster trapping when I could have just recalled to the bank at my leisure and probably moved it faster that way anyway. On top of it all it unloaded all of the lobster traps that took forever to get to my ship via many slow rowboat trips back to the Sea Market. Is this the intended purpose of the Dockmaster? Am I missing something here?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a change some time ago. You can now use commodity deeds in ship holds. When I did greater deals with the NPCs at the sea market, i used an old boat and recalling and you could bring a packy along. (That would be really many traps.)

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uh, you can click on him and have him reload your ship as well so you dont have to keep loading and unloading. This is a great tool if you want to change ship types.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am always forgetting the good tricks ... You can access the bank npcs of serpents hold from your boat if no other ship blocks the parking spot besides the bank.