• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do you understand this post

• Thread starter Loqucious
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Loqucious

Posted to GM help:

*name of guild deleted* just used the help Option to
get Stat scrolls out of Wrong
*name of guild deleted* just used the help Option to get Stat scrolls out of Wrong

Do you understand what this post means? I'm sure the thieves will understand but what about the average player? I would think the GM's could figure this one out. Maybe I"m wrong.

Scroll down to see the response by the GM's.

Greetings, unfortunately, we are unable to discern what assistance you may need from the
text of your page. We would like to be able to process your call along with our other
callers, however without any information from you on the specifics of your game impeding
issue, it simply is not possible. If you have a game impeding issue then please page
again and state the issue in your text. If you have a question or concern please make use
of our Support Knowledge base located at <a href=" http://support.ea.com">support.ea.com</a> as in-game support
will only address game impeding issues. Thank you very much for your patience and I will
be watching for your return page. Take care

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Help/Stuck should'nt work with a scroll of power in your bagpack. Infact, it should'nt work "automatically" in any champ spawn area period.

Its stupid that a guild can give all thier scrolls to thier stealther, have them stealth deeper into the dungeon, and then help/stuck out.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has been a common tactic ever since they introduced the automatic help option. If you have a power or stat scroll in your backpack than the help option should require a Gamemaster to determine if you are actually stuck.

E

Emil IsTemp

Quite simply, the physically stuck option should only work in dungeons if your dead.

I cant recall anytime that i actually have been "stuck" in a dungeon due to a landscaping error.

But yea, just another way for whomever to get scrolls out.

Dont even bother paging a GM. They dont understand English.. but it would be a pretty easy job IMO.. only need like 5 canned-response macrows set..

L

Loqucious

Well, the first 3 responses understood exactly what was posted, but am I to understand that the GM's responsible for handling problems in this game do not understand what casual players seem to?

I've said this many times and I'll say it again. The GM's are probably very nice people, but the GM service and customer service in UO is absolutely pathetic. It is the worst customer service I have EVER experience in my 43 years of existence, worse than the IRS.

EA and UO should be embarrassed.

M

Muu Bin

I'll second that! Perhaps EA/ Mythic should consider the following when employing people for the job of GM:

1) Must have previous experience playing Ultima Online - minimum 1 year. Preference given to those who currently play.

Feel free to add to the list. :stir:

Regards,
Muu Bin

E

Emil IsTemp

Well, the first 3 responses understood exactly what was posted, but am I to understand that the GM's responsible for handling problems in this game do not understand what casual players seem to?

I've said this many times and I'll say it again. The GM's are probably very nice people, but the GM service and customer service in UO is absolutely pathetic. It is the worst customer service I have EVER experience in my 43 years of existence, worse than the IRS.

EA and UO should be embarrassed.
I think the equation EA, or whoever goes by, is somthing like:

Revenue generated by active subscriptions = X
Cost of paying people to be GMs, customer service, ect ect. = Y

If X > Y

or

If X < Y

=

Your screwed either way.

Perfect EA logic to me, no?

"Unfortunately, we are unable/too lazy to understand what assistance you may need... but we sure are glad to take your money every month! Better yet, buy some pixel crack from our website!"

A

Ash

Quite simply, the physically stuck option should only work in dungeons if your dead.

I cant recall anytime that i actually have been "stuck" in a dungeon due to a landscaping error.

Dont even bother paging a GM. They dont understand English.. but it would be a pretty easy job IMO.. only need like 5 canned-response macrows set..
Well, I have run into a couple spots where a live player can get physically stuck, one of the spots that comes to mind is in sanctuary where can get stuck in a wall, can't recall out and can't teleport out, it is a glitch in the map and has yet to be fixed.

But I agree the use of the help option to escape a champ area should be looked into by GMs/devs. Perhaps a compromise, automatic feature moves a player to a valid tile within 5 tiles of current location, if player moves after hitting help option it cancels it, if player tries again then require GM to respond and if not truely stuck then that should be considered exploit of game mechanics and player should be warned. But i wouldn't hold my breathe for GMs to again take an active role, just saying how I think it should be.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There are places you can get stuck due to a landscaping error, especially in the second age. I know since I beta tested it and the same problem spots still exist.

That being said, this sounds like people abusing an easily abused system.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Companies should stop outsourcing their CS departments to 3rd world countries.

E

Emil IsTemp

There are places you can get stuck due to a landscaping error, especially in the second age. I know since I beta tested it and the same problem spots still exist.

That being said, this sounds like people abusing an easily abused system.
Oh yea, i hear that.. t2a was put together with still-sticky superglue..

Dungeons though.. cant think of any place inside one that ive been stuck. Only thing i can think of would be teleporting somewhere and running out of regs.. =/

*edit*

In all seriousness(real word?) Out of all these threads and posts ive read about customer service, or lack thereof, can anyone recall ANY ONE COMMENT posted by a DEV, answering any of these questions about customer service?

Enlighten us Draconi; Jeremy?

F

Fayled Dhreams

I understood the gist of your page ... but
did you comply with the 3 repeated and clear requests ?

Greetings, unfortunately, we are unable to discern what assistance you may need from the
text of your page
. We would like to be able to process your call along with our other
callers, however without any information from you on the specifics of your game impeding
issue
, it simply is not possible. If you have a game impeding issue then please page
again and state the issue in your text. If you have a question or concern please make use
of our Support Knowledge base located at <a href=" http://support.ea.com">support.ea.com</a> as in-game support
will only address game impeding issues. Thank you very much for your patience and I will
be watching for your return page. Take care.
???

WHAT was your game impeding issue ?
HOW would you like for the GM's to act?
Bring the player and the scrolls back?
Just the player ?
Just the scrolls ?
Transport you and or your guild TO their location ?
Reset any normal game mechanics when your "there" (house status/settings ... guard zones) ?
freeze mute and paralyze them inplace so's you can retrieve YOUR scrolls ?

Maybe force them into a better, more equitable, distribution and/or pricing OF the scrolls ?

None of which is actually in the description of Role of a GM

More of a "Requested feature to address via Developer attention" ... actually ... and ... The GMs are NOT the ones to pass your request along (since you STILL haven't made clear, WHAT you want "done") ...
theres the feedback form and Contact us for that (aside from this forum ... more direct)

So ... back to your original page:
*name of guild deleted* just used the help Option to get Stat scrolls out of Wrong

yeah? whats the "Game Impeding" issue ?
WHAT do you "want done" ?

P

Prince Caspian

(Caspian starts to conduct the EA GM Choir to the tune of My Darling Clementine)

I can't help you
I can't help you
I can't help you with that.
I'm sorry but that's something
We can't verify

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I cant believe you would page on people getting scrolls out of the dungeon...That really seems silly to me.

I do agree, the system does have it flaws, and is easily abused....but to page on it? Come on man.

P

Prince Caspian

Easy problem, simple answer.

Put a flag on the Scroll when it is generated, that lasts until you enter a guard zone or Trammel, or even when you exit the dungeon.

If you use the Stuck option, the scroll drops where you departed from... or gets destroyed altogether.

Yes, there will be that 1 time in 1000 when someone is legitimately stuck and will lose their scroll. But the other 999 times of cheating will be foiled.

L

Lariat

As far as getting stuck, there was a Harrower we did in Shame once where the True Harrower teleported me to him and I was stuck on a rock. I wasn't on a mage, so I couldn't try teleporting off. But things like that are rare. I would guess the help/stuck is only used as intended a very small % of the time.

E

envinyatar

Fayled has a point. While it is entirely possible that the GM's had no idea what you were talking about, you have to admit that the response is legitimate when looked at from what he's saying. How are the GM's supposed to help you with that?

On a different note, caspian rocks.

L

Loqucious

I cant believe you would page on people getting scrolls out of the dungeon...That really seems silly to me.

I do agree, the system does have it flaws, and is easily abused....but to page on it? Come on man.
Well think of all the reasons to be a thief that have been taken away over the last few years. IMO this is an abuse of the system in order to get around a perfectly viable char. IMO it's a cheat and it just hurts the thief chars that much more, and this char has already taken a beating.

Furthermore, I thought these guilds that are constantly running scrolls were supposed to be tough guys? Yet they have to use a cheat the get away from one little thief? Isn't that silly?

I don't mean this reply as being negative in tone, just matter of fact.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the page could have been a bit clearer, but I'm not sure GMs will respond to a call for abuse of the help option in that way, even if they understood it.

If I'm stealing or hunting for a powerscroll, I much prefer to be able to move if someone approaches, than be stuck while the stuck option works. These guys are much easier to kill while rooted to the spot, so personally, I'd have taken advantage of that and tried tracking/revealing then killing the gits. That's more likely to succeed than any GM intervention. But then it depends what you want the GM to do.

Wenchy

L

Loqucious

Fayled has a point. While it is entirely possible that the GM's had no idea what you were talking about, you have to admit that the response is legitimate when looked at from what he's saying. How are the GM's supposed to help you with that?
Ok, lets assume the GM's do have enough knowledge of this game to understand the post. Wouldn't it at least be a thousand times better to just reply and say "it's a glitch, sorry we can't do anything at this time", than to just reply in such as way as to sound ignorant? The canned response is insulting.

This is a basic sort of customer service that EA and UO just don't seem to understand............and I for one am sick of it.

P

Prince Caspian

I agree that this is a system abuse that needs to change....

But really, put this in perspective. Evidence has been shown again and again that a GM can't be bothered to intervene when someone is blatantly cheating via duping and scripting.....

...what are the chances he's gonna get his hands dirty on this lesser crime?

P

Prince Caspian

The canned response is insulting.
A-FRIGGIN-MEN

It pisses me off to NO END that not only do the GMs send us canned I-could-care-less go-read-our-useless-webpage response, but that we have to WAIT IN A FRIGGIN QUEUE to GET the useless, meaningless response.

I remember we used to complain back in 98 about how GMs wouldn't help and that their hands were always tied. We didn't know when we had it good... at least back then a GM would actually SHOW UP and talk to you.

L

Loqucious

Evidence has been shown again and again that a GM can't be bothered to intervene when someone is blatantly cheating via duping and scripting.....
That, my friend, sums up perfectly why there is so much frustration on my part, as well as the majority of UO players. And this is why they should feel embarrassed.

Before this post starts to sound like some rantings of an irritated player let me please say that I'm sure the GM's are cool people, and want to do a good job, but someone has GOT to fix this mess and the only way to make it happen is to keep up the pressure.

P

Prince Caspian

GMs don't act on it. The Devs **refuse** to talk about it.

To quote my mom's favorite malapropism, the proof is in the puddin'. I see ZERO enforcement.

I don't go out of my way to look for them, but I can point out at least three shops in Sonoma Luna that obviously dupe. And despite all the fiction EA posts about raids and deleting accounts (all of which are conspiciously lacking in details), not only are the cheaters unpunished, but they drop all attempts to even hide what they are up to.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ill agree there is NO enforcement...and that is frustrating...lol

E

Emil IsTemp

So i figured id go to sleep for a few hours (i work nights, so i get to sleep all day) and see if there were any enlightening posts from some Devs about the current customer service issues.. Yep.. nothing. (kinda figured though..)

I was able to tell what the fresh Prince was asking.. so naturally someone that is a GAME MASTER should be able to as well.. or quite simply, they arent the right macro-- err PERSON for the job.

I propose this:

The EA CS # is toll-free. Thus lets keep calling CS and flood the switchboards asking "why dont we have any customer service?"

and it shall happen every hour on the hour until any dev would kindly like to shed some light on the situation!

Im not looking for a canned Dev response either...

Make this thread sticky.. until a reasonable answer is found on why there is sub-par or a lack alltogether of in-game customer service.

Any dev, anytime now. Anything...

Nothing

L

Lord Richard

Help/Stuck should'nt work with a scroll of power in your bagpack. Infact, it should'nt work "automatically" in any champ spawn area period.

Its stupid that a guild can give all thier scrolls to thier stealther, have them stealth deeper into the dungeon, and then help/stuck out.
I agree, it's a bit over the top, but ya gotta hand it to them....it works, and they keep the scrolls....the reds don't.

E

Emil IsTemp

No, the reds hand the stealther all the scrolls, and he then re-distributes them once they all get out.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im not calling the customer service in a protest type thing. It may be free, but my cell phones minutes arnt!

E

Emil IsTemp

Im not calling the customer service in a protest type thing. It may be free, but my cell phones minutes arnt!
Yea good point, lol. Not worth the minutes IMO either.. Wont even be able to understand what the person is saying anyways.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Unfortunately, however, there IS a spot on the island in Despise that you can get stuck in. I have been stuck there twice, couldn't move left, right, up or down. Couldn't tele, couldn't die and had to have a Gm pull me out.

E

Edina Mondoon

I got stuck in Wind the other day. Fell off the roof of the Inn, got stuck in the marble border of the place...

Thank God I didn't have to wait for a GM to come and get me. That would have taken all day.

Whatever happened to the days when the GM's would show up in their red robes and hand out cookies at West Brit Bank?

I miss the old days. Now you are lucky to get a page telling you some newbie thought your name was offensive and you have to change it, right there, on the spot "and this is not a discussion". Gee, thanks for making me change my characters name after over 5 years of playing with the same name on that character.

The sad thing is, they didn't even bother to appear that time, just send a chat request, so you can type to some anonymous person who makes you change your name because somebody else thought it was offensive.

So I was strolling through Luna on Oceania (my home shard) and find someone named "Rumpelforeskin". Think there's any GM around to make that person change their name?

I'm offended.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I completly agree with the GM's in this case. For whatever reason you wernt given the auto thing where you select the town you want to go to, which as i understand only happens when you use the 'stuck' option a lot of times in a short period.
Also, what do you want the GM to do? The GM is correct in saying its unclear what you want them to do. I mean i could page a GM and say "Hey can you please make me a leather skirt with full 70's on it?" what do you think the GM responce would be? Like erm dah! They arnt our personal taxi service...

No wonder we have a huge wait when people actualy NEED a GM for somthing when there is stupid lazy people like you wasting their time.

R

Rama21

I completly agree with the GM's in this case. For whatever reason you wernt given the auto thing where you select the town you want to go to, which as i understand only happens when you use the 'stuck' option a lot of times in a short period.
Also, what do you want the GM to do? The GM is correct in saying its unclear what you want them to do. I mean i could page a GM and say "Hey can you please make me a leather skirt with full 70's on it?" what do you think the GM responce would be? Like erm dah! They arnt our personal taxi service...

No wonder we have a huge wait when people actualy NEED a GM for somthing when there is stupid lazy people like you wasting their time.

You misunderstand him, he wasn’t the one who was using it like that. He was reporting someone else using the stuck help option as an exploit. Of course it took me half the thread to figure that out so I find it understandable that the GM had no idea what he was trying to tell them. Sometimes short and sweet isn’t the best way to go.

S

SilentFoxXy

Help/ Stuck should only work when dead.

I have seen a few folk abusing etc, but, also, have personally spent 30 mins dead in Yew Crypts, unable to leave, and it was a godsend, would be terrible if it was removed to stop folk abusing, but surely easy enought to be - If Dead.....

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understood the gist of your page ... but
did you comply with the 3 repeated and clear requests ?

text of your page
. We would like to be able to process your call along with our other
issue
, it simply is not possible. If you have a game impeding issue then please page
be watching for your return page. Take care.
???

WHAT was your game impeding issue ?
HOW would you like for the GM's to act?
Bring the player and the scrolls back?
Just the player ?
Just the scrolls ?
Transport you and or your guild TO their location ?
Reset any normal game mechanics when your "there" (house status/settings ... guard zones) ?
freeze mute and paralyze them inplace so's you can retrieve YOUR scrolls ?

Maybe force them into a better, more equitable, distribution and/or pricing OF the scrolls ?

None of which is actually in the description of Role of a GM

More of a "Requested feature to address via Developer attention" ... actually ... and ... The GMs are NOT the ones to pass your request along (since you STILL haven't made clear, WHAT you want "done") ...
theres the feedback form and Contact us for that (aside from this forum ... more direct)

So ... back to your original page:

yeah? whats the "Game Impeding" issue ?
WHAT do you "want done" ?
Have to agree with this...while GM support is marginal at best, I see nothing for them to act on in your page. The players in question used a game system legally. The fact that you don't like the way they used it is another thing.

Help --> Stuck is a great feature, but if it is being abused then perhaps it should have some more restrictions applied. WoW has a 1 hour "cooldown" for using that feature, for example. UO just mentions something vague about it taking longer to work if you use it more than once every 24 hours. rolleyes:

-Skylark