• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do You Think They Should bring back Tent Homes?

• Thread starter The Home Guild
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
T

The Home Guild

I'd love to see them once again.
what do you think? If no why is that?

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Housing tiles with tents in mind would be neat. Also completion of existing tile sets would really be nice.:thumbsup:

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No. Maybe have tenting as house tiles if they don't already, but let's not bring back tents. There's no need for them.

M

Melchiah

I'm not sure really - is there a need for them, even though they look different?

Perhaps as a set of housing tiles for the customisable houses? Even though I've played for three digits of months, I still only use classic houses...

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A proper set of housing tiles to make our own tents would be fantastic, but I think I'd still love to see the real thing. A great starter home - little 7x7 or 8x8 sized tent.

I certainly don't see anything wrong with making an old item available again, it's not as if tents are harmful. Well ok, if you screw up with the tent poles or hammer a tent peg through a toe... but otherwise they're safe ;)

Wenchy

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A proper set of housing tiles to make our own tents would be fantastic, but I think I'd still love to see the real thing. A great starter home - little 7x7 or 8x8 sized tent.

I certainly don't see anything wrong with making an old item available again, it's not as if tents are harmful. Well ok, if you screw up with the tent poles or hammer a tent peg through a toe... but otherwise they're safe ;)

Wenchy
The issue (I think) would be the context of the Original Tents would be inconsistent with modern housing.

The original tent was, for all intents and purposes a "Public" house with NO foundation. You had a single chest that was it.

I assume they would need to give the Original Tent a Foundation. They would need to work some way to prevent people from entering (and how RPing would that be) the Tent OR assert the Tent was a Public House.

I assume they would need to give it a foundation to allow things to be locked down/secured OR they would need to assert the single chest was it, One Secure, 128 Items etc.

It would need to be cheaper than a Small Boat as for all intents and purposes it would have the same characteristics as a boat and the Small Boat is the cheapest of them.

I have nothing against the Original Tents, at one time I owned ... a LOT of them, placed side by side .......

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also there's plenty of room for small houses on all shards, even Atlantic.

I think dev power should be used for more pressing issues, rather than obsolete housing that was removed for good reasons.

J

Jhym

No no no no no no no no....

reason: FORESTS FULL OF TENTS. Yes, I know the placement rules are different, but running my bottom off from a mass of undead and getting stuck in tent after tent (because sometimes they wouldn't 'pop' until you were in them) made me hate them with a passion greater than a million million white hot suns.

So the answer, would be... No.

:gun:

T

The Home Guild

I agree kaj with them looking into better issues/stuff ...however i agree with posters above it would be nice to have a foundation or type of tile to make a tent with your housing. However,then we'd get complainers of the tent rubble.

I wouldn't mind a cute 8x8 or larger tent home.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tents were done away with because people liked to block the front of their house with three tents so there was no way their key could be stolen, and house looted upon recalling to their house. (in the days long before item insurance, and lockdowns)

People complained (big suprise..) that all the tents were taking up house spots, and they were removed. I think it was more beneficial to have the tent, and set up vendors inside.

I say make placable tents, just like the old days, a 9 - 11 year veteran reward. (minus house placment restrictions, and one per account)

No you cant have it if your 5 years. You have to wait 9..

too bad!

T

The Home Guild

also more and kore each day land is opening everywhere unlike the past where we had an issue here on atl with no room for housing. Now anyone can find 7x7 spots and up.

F

Fink

No. Maybe have tenting as house tiles if they don't already, but let's not bring back tents. There's no need for them.
Need? :talktothehand: If this game were reduced to "need", we'd have one combat skill, one weapon, and a beige avatar.:D

Excerpt from my Camping notes..

New item, tent (75/100 skill needed).

At 75 Skill: Places a small tent which may be used as a base camp. Does not block or exclude spawn or other players. May not be placed within a guard zone or house. Does not block house placement. Must be redeemed to be placed again. One per character. Disappears when owner logs out. May be used by party members to rejuvenate; +1 to MR/SR/HPR while resting in the tent and not combat flagged. Does not condemn any housing held by the character's account.

At 100 Skill: Places a tent which may be used as a base camp. Contains a strong box that holds 125 items/400 stones, accessible by owner. Does not block or exclude spawn or other players. May not be placed within a guard zone or house. Does not block house placement. Must be redeemed to be placed again. One per character. Remains when owner logs out, decays like a ship. Refreshed by opening the strong box. May be used by party members to rejuvenate; +2 to MR/SR/HPR while resting in the tent and not combat flagged. Does not condemn any housing held by the character's account.
Also I wouldn't mind seeing tent graphics in the custom house palette, but you can bet some rubble collectors would freak out.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
personally i would rather have the options to drop my house to ground level and ditch the plot.

R

Richtor Darkbane

I agree with everyone... kind of! I would like to see tents back, as a housing tile set, but I think they need to focus on the more pressing issues at this time.