• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do you think the professions are balanced?

O

Outcasted

I just beat a lvl 87 dark jedi (player), who had 3 buffs, twice. I'm only an 84 commando, and I only used one buff, Stand Fast. Now, I like the overpower, but I know what its like to get pwned with a couple of hits, and they are 10 lvls lower. So, what do you think? You guys have played longer than I... so I'm turning to proffesional opinions. (By the way, what a rush when I killed him twice. Lol.) Tyvm.

B

BadgerSmaker

Stand Fast is a very powerful defensive skill, with that and other similar skills such as Bounty Hunter Shields your opponent would be wise to break line of sight while the effect wears off then resume their attack.

Beating on a BH with Sheilds up, a Commando under Stand Fast or someone who has stasis applied to them is a waste of time and precious action. One thing you can do against a BH with Shields up is apply DoTs as they will still tick away happily.

In your case, Dark Jedi are defensively very weak and rely on their four 100% armour bypass attacks to do their damage.

If you pop stand fast and the Jedi then uses their "One trick pony" tactic on you of trying to lightning you to death then it'll do hardly any damage.

Most Dark Jedi players are so acustom to spraying lightning on their targets to win that they dont pay attention to defensive buffs on their target or even debuffs on themselves.

Overall the professions are very well balanced these days. There are counters to just about everything, if you know your own strengths and weaknesses, and the strengths and weaknesses of your opponents profession.

C

ClanBeviin2

I agree.

I have always said that the combat classes should be like a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors. Everyone needs to be slightly afraid of at least one other class. The basis for winning then is strategy, not brute strength. If you use too many defensive buffs, you can't kill; if you use too many offensive buffs, you get killed. Balance is the key.

I'll never forget the first time by BH was challenged by a Jedi who was 11 levels above me. He was overly offensive (in more ways than one), while I had a good mix. I really wish I could've seen his face when I sent him to the cloner twice in a row. (Some guys just don't learn.)