• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do you think the past events have been epic failures?

M

Malimus

Im not impressed at all. How about you?

(Talking about most recent event's in the blacrock/clannin/casca chain.)

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I am enjoying them. I look forward to the next part of the story.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
The Siege folk seemed to have had fun. I had to miss it...

K

Kiminality

Why not?
Rather than just stating negativity, give reasons.
To put it one way, if they don't know what you didn't like, then how are they going to know what you do like?

M

Malimus

Well only about 6-7 people turned out today on Pacific for the "Have to be in SL" event. We gave it our best but spent pretty much the entire event dead and dieing over and over and over, being res killed over and over by the hand's of CoM.

Having being outnumbered and ganked upon arrival the stat loss made us absolutely useless and easy targets. My point is this wasn't very well thought out for an event the "Everyone" can participate in. Throw a buncha trammies into trinsic fel and watch them die over and over. Then make big boom and kill Clannin. Where is the fun in this? I dont see it.

No one really even knew what was going on except for a couple of us.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you think would have worked to make it better? (lets assume that for sake of argument that Clannin's final outcome has be the same on each shard)

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well only about 6-7 people turned out today on Pacific for the "Have to be in SL" event. We gave it our best but spent pretty much the entire event dead and dieing over and over and over, being res killed over and over by the hand's of CoM.

Having being outnumbered and ganked upon arrival the stat loss made us absolutely useless and easy targets. My point is this wasn't very well thought out for an event the "Everyone" can participate in. Throw a buncha trammies into trinsic fel and watch them die over and over. Then make big boom and kill Clannin. Where is the fun in this? I dont see it.

Did Clainin live? Was completely opposite on LS.. 7 SLs and no opposition whatsoever.. was sad to watch from my vantage point. :\

M

Malimus

Solution A: Post it in the UO startup/Autopatch so more people are aware? Perhaps more people showing up would have helped?

Solution B: If all outcome's will be the same and i bet they will be. Why even bother letting other factions attack and kill the people turning out for the event. Or at least stop it at some point so people can actually partake?

Like i said 6-7 people on pacific turned out for it. Thats it. And were non-stop slayed and RK'd over and over. The 50+ people that usually show up for pacific event's took no interest. What's that say?

And Clannin died. But not by a player's hand. We were so overwhelmed by CoM that in the end Melissa (The EM) made a big explosion and killed Clannin because we couldnt. We were only able to watch as ghosts.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I floated the idea that we would not kill Clanin on Atlantic after we took the area over. But I had no idea what was going on in the first place and thought that it might be an impostor Clanin. I didn't know it was the real one.

It isn't very easy to follow what is going on with this story line.

Sapphirediablo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this wasn't meant for Trammies to be running around in but for actual faction members, for if you were a trammy, why are you in faction? unless you don't care for the event and just want Items, or you love the story line to bits you can't miss a second of it. (or your the reporter for the shard and kindof have to) So the idea, to me could be well off wait to see what draco says about it., is To further grow the storyline with the shadow lords avancing their armies, Not their farmers, their soldiers for war. If there really wasn't any SL factionmembers there, then melissa did the kill of clainin since you were "incompetent" or whatever may be the insult she felt like slinging, (my shard we were killed by one person (woo)) so Melissa saved the day. Outcome I think is always going to be Clanini dies however whether or not the players or Melissa does it... The story line was fair, could keep up with it only if you attended the moving claini event (not sure on name) other wiase you would be lost :(///
Hrmm just my $0.02

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So there was no way to save him? That ain't right....

Sapphirediablo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So there was no way to save him? That ain't right....
Would seem so most my guildies and Vent people are saying that... however I just saw one event then napped from sleep deprivation lol and can not give you my word on it, just the word of others :(...

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've greatly enjoyed all the events.
Why not give reasons for more than just the event today of why you did not like them?

M

Malimus

I think this wasn't meant for Trammies to be running around in but for actual faction members, for if you were a trammy, why are you in faction? unless you don't care for the event and just want Items, or you love the story line to bits you can't miss a second of it. (or your the reporter for the shard and kindof have to) So the idea, to me could be well off wait to see what draco says about it., is To further grow the storyline with the shadow lords avancing their armies, Not their farmers, their soldiers for war. If there really wasn't any SL factionmembers there, then melissa did the kill of clainin since you were "incompetent" or whatever may be the insult she felt like slinging, (my shard we were killed by one person (woo)) so Melissa saved the day. Outcome I think is always going to be Clanini dies however whether or not the players or Melissa does it... The story line was fair, could keep up with it only if you attended the moving claini event (not sure on name) other wiase you would be lost :(///
Hrmm just my $0.02

1: It was plainly stated that you have to "join" SL to take part in this event. It did not say this event is geared towards ongoing faction wars and only those who are currently involved in factions or PvP should go. I joined factions for the event yes. And i do reside in fel and i also PvP all the time thanks.

The idea of an event is not "just" for server reporters/diehard pvp/poeple who love the storyline. Its for anyone who pays the monthly fee and happens to like taking part in events. Therefore people of all area's of UO weather "Trammie" or "Feluccian" should be able to take part equally. Or at least have a way to balance or make things a little more even (In the event only)

Im simply saying the fact that i (And the other SL that showed) spent the entire 30 min dieing/being res killed and could do nothing about it. It was not worth seeing that little part of the story. It wasnt much fun, it wasnt very exiting, it was plain frustrating. And i have taken part in pretty much every little arc of this event chain and enjoyed all of them save for the last two.

And on a side note. This thread has nothing to do with farming event items so plz leave that crap out.

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1: It was plainly stated that you have to "join" SL to take part in this event.
if you read what draconi had posted about the event you would have seen that you could go fight SL to try and stop them, in my mind thats being included in the event, is it not?

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I think its really awesome that they involved PvP and Factions in these events.

I am sick of people believing that UO is Trammel, and Fel is that other game that you can go to if you want.

This is still one world...even if many have forgotten.

I congratulate the devs, and the EMs, for thinking of such an elaborate event.

M

Malimus

Well perhaps im wrong. Seems everyone but me has enjoyed them. I think maybe i expect too much for my buck? Perhaps it is time to move on form UO. This game leaves me sour now a days when i play. Same as most of these petty squabbles that most threads here at Uhall turn into. Forget i said anything.

Mods if you could just remove this thread. I was angry at the time and perhaps should not have posted this. You know what they say. Hinde sight is always 20/20. Peace

S

siyeng0

Well perhaps im wrong. Seems everyone but me has enjoyed them. I think maybe i expect too much for my buck? Perhaps it is time to move on form UO. This game leaves me sour now a days when i play. Same as most of these petty squabbles that most threads here at Uhall turn into. Forget i said anything.

Mods if you could just remove this thread. I was angry at the time and perhaps should not have posted this. You know what they say. Hinde sight is always 20/20. Peace
BAAW. THE INTERNET DIDN'T VALIDATE ME.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have butthurt.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Well perhaps im wrong. Seems everyone but me has enjoyed them. I think maybe i expect too much for my buck? Perhaps it is time to move on form UO.
Not everyone enjoys everything that everyone else does.

Some of us really enjoy RP. Some people hate it. Some of us really enjoy PvP. Some people hate it. Some people enjoy crafting. Some people hate it.

It's not about right or wrong. That is what makes UO unique! If you didn't like the latest events, why not suggest some things that you would like. I will bet that you have some really good ideas!

Leaving UO is not the answer. And just because a few of us disagree, it doesn't mean that we don't respect you, or what you want.

Take me for example, I am all about a classic shard. Not everyone wants a classic shard. I am not going to quit UO because I don't get one. There is still more opportunity to do so many more things in UO than any other game out there that even if you don't care for certain content, it's easy to ignore it and do something else.

What shard do you play? If you are on Atlantic, come join PoV...we will find something you like to do. We have everything from Soulless murderers to homosexual tailors! :D (note: I am not saying that all tailors are homosexuals, just that one in PoV is)

The point is, UO will give you back what you put into it. And if you wait for the devs, or EMs, or anyone else to put it in for you, you will not get much out of it.

I hope you didn't take my remarks as an attack, because I did not mean it as such. I think the EMs would love to hear some ideas for events. I just think that it is really great that they are trying to include as many playstyles as they can.

BTW...I like your badger! :)

J

Jhym

Well, on the shards where few SLs are able to help Melissa, perhaps Melissa should call upon her Shadowlord Mistress in order to keep those other faction twits away.

A huge spawn of SL guards and faction monsters would probably have kept the other factions pretty busy while the true bretheren of the SL could do their work.

Sounds like a strategy problem for Melissa, perhaps her mistress picked the wrong underling on many shards....

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thread title: "Do you think the past events have been epic failures?"

Yeah. This is going to end well.

Bonus: The word "butthurt" has already been used.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I enjoyed the Cloak and dagger event on Oceania, can't say as much for the other ones.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had alot of fun at tonights event, but it was 90% due to the fact that there were fun people around, and we were all having fun rping being evil monsters, albiet with a comic bent.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Who said everyone? They specificall said this was for the bad guys, the Shadowlords only and that they would hold and event for EVERYONE next week. Were you expecting to be handed victory? I think you were!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The one before this last one was. This one tonight.... not so bad.
Wish there was more Fel stuff (where we are actually allowed to kill people).

L

Lord Zephyrus

I sure hope that was a imposter. I just cant see clannin dieing that easily even in a weakened state.

C

Connor_Graham

This was the expected result for Pacific, and is the reason hardly anyone showed up. Pretty much everyone, even those not participating in factions, are well aware that CoM controls the factions and everything to do with them on Pacific. That's a shard specific thing though, so there really wasn't a whole lot they could do to counter it.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I am sick of people believing that UO is Trammel, and Fel is that other game that you can go to if you want.

THIS!!

These events (the whole chain going back over a year) has been absolutely fantastic!

People soon try and forget that the bread goes around the whole table... and doesn't just stop at their plate.

Things have consequences. If the event monster was so hard and only his 7 ppl showed up and those 7 couldn't kill it... he'd be here pancakes about how this event sucks cause in reality... his community doesn't do what HE wants them to.

maybe he should find a new shard (community?) more to his liking.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I very much liked the events. Some of them had a few flaws, but nobody's perfect. It didn't stop me from enjoying them.

As I'm no faction player, I cannot judge the recent faction event.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to be honest, I find it shocking that events are held in fel when the majority of pvpers are not playing. Weekend evenings and nights are not exactly primetime for the pvp crowd which is usually 20somethings and older teens. This particular crowd goes out on weekends....

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um ... wow. Evening from 3-9 pm local times IS prime time PvP ... on every shard I have played on

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to be honest, I find it shocking that events are held in fel when the majority of pvpers are not playing. Weekend evenings and nights are not exactly primetime for the pvp crowd which is usually 20somethings and older teens. This particular crowd goes out on weekends....
Different times work for different people. Not everyone plays on the same schedule.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think the events have been great so far.... infact I want them to continue. I know there has been a bit of a learning curve.... lets remember that UO has been around for a very long time now and I'd say a good 85% of the population that plays today NEVER was around with the Seers ... and likely that 30% of those weren't even around for the last batch of EM's...

I myself was never around for the Seers... but I do remember Dawn taking us to slay Lord Blackthorn somewhere near Yew in Fel...

Infact as far as the events go... I am willing to bet that there are probably more people playing now that never knew UO without Trammel than there are people playing that played pre-Trammel... Scarry thought...

At anyrate I've greatly enjoyed the EM events whether I've gotten anything from them or not... I did something ingame that was fun and new.... something "I" didn't have to come up with the idea for.... as a role-player thats a MAJOR bonus...

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's see.....It was held at 5pm eastern, 4 central and so on, on a saturday.
I seriously think players, as the weather gets nicer, will find other things to do, than be parked behind a pc.
So, there lays a smidge of why players may not have been around.

I'm glad the devs are at least showing interest in giving us stories....they don't have to at all. Be thankful for what you get.

later

K

Katlene

The story lines are fantastic, just the events themselves are a bit... poorly organized

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That latest event was one of the best and most fun I've had in a while. Don't be such a negative nancy. Geeze.

M

Malimus

Who said everyone? They specificall said this was for the bad guys, the Shadowlords only and that they would hold and event for EVERYONE next week. Were you expecting to be handed victory? I think you were!
No i was expecting at least a chance at victory. Not D%(!*#&$ res-killers taking things way too far.
Point is SL was totally powerless against your gank mob and the 50 or so faction guards and mages you had surrounding Clannin. The fact you had members camped at the healer res-killing anyone trying to res was lame.

And to the rest of you. Just becuase your event turned out better and you actually got to have a battle and some fun does not mean it was the same for pacific. Pacific's was pretty lame if you were not in DOS. Ask any SL that were there at Pac. It was just a gank/rk fest.

FYI i chose the "Bad guy side" when i took the glass dagger a few events before this one. And as a player since UO hit shelves i have never lived in Tram. Its been fel all the way. I know good PvP and this was not it. 0 honor

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No i was expecting at least a chance at victory. Not arsehole reskillers taking things way too far.
Well that's what happens when you don't have en efficient force to take on the other factions.
Edit: No ones fault but your own factions'. (unless of course the SL faction never had enough members to begin with in which case it is no ones fault really)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

the past event was just a filler for the overall big storyline.

the poor dev's just cant win.
they skip the small storyline stuff and people get pissed (think New Haven)
so they add it in and people get all pissy cause they opt out of the 20 minute event or dont go cause they are scared to go into fel.

personally i like it.
its all a part of the storyline.

if you would rather that they spoon feed you the story and just give you a event arty at the end you should submit that option to them.
me, id rather go play along with the storyline and pick a side and play and have fun.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've enjoyed the events so far. They're making an effort to include a broader range of players, and hey, there's nothing wrong with that. I even was able to save a ton of car insurance because of these events. Thanks UO! D'OH! :eek:

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off, I can't take the credit for this, though I wish I could. I don't belong to DoS. I just turned up to help defend Clainin.

Second, isn't Felucca the "if you can't stand the heat, get away from the fire" facet? I played when there was no Trammel and res-killing was much more annoying then. There was no insurance to save your items either so your corpse was being picked over before it even hit the ground. What's more, there was no alternative.

I showed up expecting to be killed/ganked. I thought more people would go in for the "cool" factor of getting to be evil. I'm curious to see what the numbers were like across all shards. I'm also wondering: Did glass daggers have any affects against players? Did anyone try using them against a player? Prior to the event, I wondered aloud in another thread whether the Shadowlords servants would get some sort of balancer and I suggested that perhaps the glass daggers were that balancer. Draconi responded with an evil laugh, though I don't know if he was referring to their ability against paladins or because they did have some power against other players.

At any rate, complaints like yours Malimus are probably why there are fewer Fel events. You want to preserve the shards's chaotic and free style, but that leads to too many variables to account for, such as players who are far more tactical and ruthless than other players. Of course, you could probably add all sorts of other excuses too (more numbers, better pvpers, better equipment, too many greater dragon tamers). *shrugs*

No i was expecting at least a chance at victory. Not D%(!*#&$ res-killers taking things way too far.
Point is SL was totally powerless against your gank mob and the 50 or so faction guards and mages you had surrounding Clannin. The fact you had members camped at the healer res-killing anyone trying to res was lame.

And to the rest of you. Just becuase your event turned out better and you actually got to have a battle and some fun does not mean it was the same for pacific. Pacific's was pretty lame if you were not in DOS. Ask any SL that were there at Pac. It was just a gank/rk fest.

FYI i chose the "Bad guy side" when i took the glass dagger a few events before this one. And as a player since UO hit shelves i have never lived in Tram. Its been fel all the way. I know good PvP and this was not it. 0 honor

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you guys understood factions better than you would know that a faction sheriff could have summoned many helping hands to their side. When we took over the island and guarded the bridge, the SL that invaded (maybe 6 or 7 of them) came with a large mob of faction guards. These guards do not waste any time laying waste to anyone who stays close for too long. In fact, I believe most of us were put into stat but we just rezed and got back into the fight. So quit complaining and grow some. The last tid bit there was mainly meant towards the original poster and I realize that ladies also post on these forums as well.

L

Lady Arianne

I congratulate the devs, and the EMs, for thinking of such an elaborate event.'

Hear,hear.Well said Morgana