• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spirit Speak] Do you need it?

M

Mairut

I tried looking for this question on the forum, but couldn't find anything :-(
I was told it adds a bonus to necromancy like eval adds to magery. How much of a bonus? I've read 3 different sites on spirit speak and they all say the same thing...spirit speak is used to heal the player and if there are no bodies conveniently laying around, it takes it from the players' mana. None of them said anything about it adding a bonus to necro. *confused*

Thanks in Advance! :)

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried looking for this question on the forum, but couldn't find anything :-(
I was told it adds a bonus to necromancy like eval adds to magery. How much of a bonus? I've read 3 different sites on spirit speak and they all say the same thing...spirit speak is used to heal the player and if there are no bodies conveniently laying around, it takes it from the players' mana. None of them said anything about it adding a bonus to necro. *confused*

Thanks in Advance! :)

http://www.uoguide.com/Necromancy

click on each spell, and it will tell you how spirit speak affects it...
hope that helps

M

Mairut

That helped, thanks! :)

It brought up another question though... Is spirit speak necessary to use necromancy, like meditation is for magery, or can you use meditation for both necro and magery?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That helped, thanks! :)

It brought up another question though... Is spirit speak necessary to use necromancy, like meditation is for magery, or can you use meditation for both necro and magery?
Spirit speak is to necro as eval int is to magery.

It impacts damage and effectiveness of most necro spells.

You can cast necro spells without it, but damage and duration are severely impacted.