• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Do you ever overlay music to UO to add immersion?

Feeling like i'm actually in the place i'm at in game is really important to me. One of the things I do is overlay ambient sounds and music from youtube to match where I am and what I am doing. As I go to different places (unless i'm just passing through), I switch it up. I debated posting this because it may seem strange, but its worth it to those who may not have thought of it before.

For instance,

If i'm taming in the forest, I may listen to Forest Sounds.
If i'm taming on the snowy Dagger Island, I may listen to Snow Storm.
If i'm in a tavern with others, I may listen to Tavern Atmosphere.
If i'm at the Magincia docks for net night, I may play Sailboat Sounds.

Okay, you get the picture. I try to keep a few of each type, so it doesn't always sound the same each time. There are so many of these types of videos. At least for me, they add a little something to the ambiance that I can't always get from the game itself. Hope you enjoy the idea if you hadn't thought of it and are interested.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A fun idea, I should consider doing this, though often I just listen to whatever random music I feel like it. This also inspired me to find some ambience music for when Ine is at the tavern:

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I mostly hear. I was told once by someone. that everytime they saw Aedon this song popped into their mind.

Of Course In my deluded mind I think this is the right music.

Revenant

Visitor
If I listen to music, it's usually just something to put me in the right mood for the character I'm playing. :)

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Yes, I overlay the midi songs from the T2A era like "Stones" and the like.