• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do we need to have The Sims 1 installed to upload chairs?

G

I downloaded the transmogrifier and its showing me the following error...

Do we need to have the sims 1 downloaded in order to upload (/our own) CC chairs?

Note, i already have a sims 1 chair downloaded.

I

imported_SimTripps

I hope not - because I gave away all my Sims 1 games!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I hope not - because I gave away all my Sims 1 games!

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here!

M

Monkeybear

The transmogithingy gets the object files from the expansions you have installed.

M

mariotso

<blockquote><hr>

The transmogithingy gets the object files from the expansions you have installed.

[/ QUOTE ]

so that means the answer is yes, you do have to have expansions?

M

MandiK

That kinda sucks, not everyone still has it. I still have the Complete Collection, just not installed. Guess thats what Im going to do now. Thats really crappy for the people that dont have it anymore, though.

I

imported_SimTripps

Hmmm... me thinks you might not have to. We could probably still download zips/.iffs from sites such as TSR, Sim Gedohns, etc., that still carry Sims 1 stuff. In that case, you shouldn't have to re-install all expansion packs to extract the .iffs - although this would be the only way to obtain the original game .iffs. Maybe the original object files from Sims 1 could be provided to us by the devs/Maxis WITHOUT us having to re-install it? A site download somewhere? or maybe they could ask Stever @ TSR to host the files for download.. This would be a great idea..

Also, this brings up another issue of cc/3rd party objects being allowed, i.e., what is allowed and what isn't. They will soon be allowing us to create our own base meshes, etc., which means 3rd party objects... In that case, the possibilities are endless! I'm looking forward to when we can create our own clothes, hair meshes, etc.!

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

I downloaded the transmogrifier and its showing me the following error...

Do we need to have the sims 1 downloaded in order to upload (/our own) CC chairs?

Note, i already have a sims 1 chair downloaded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Btw Majdi - the Transmogrifier is trying to find Sims 1. You would have to have it installed for it to work. However, you don't necessarily need the Transmogrifier to create cc in TSO, since the crafting bench is now a 'built-in transmogrifier'. All you need are the .iff files and a photo editing program..

G

I haven't had the Sims 1 installed for about 4 years and no longer have the disc...I'm sure there are many in the same situation...apparently other than the bitmaps, this is the end of making custom content for us...I already bought and installed a new video card to be able to continue playing in EALand and I'm already gonna be excluded from one 'improvement'...how wonderful

I

imported_SimTripps

Not necessarily, Crackpot... Like I said above, you simply need to download some nice chair .iff files (put in your My Documents\EA Games\EA-Land\uploads\chairs folder) and some nice color images to use for recolors (in My Documents\EA Games\EA-Land\uploads\images)...

Hopefully the original game .iffs will be made available for download, or maybe those who still have S1 installed can file share with Maxis' permission? lol...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Not necessarily, Crackpot... Like I said above, you simply need to download some nice chair .iff files (put in your My Documents\EA Games\EA-Land\uploads\chairs folder) and some nice color images to use for recolors (in My Documents\EA Games\EA-Land\uploads\images)...

Hopefully the original game .iffs will be made available for download, or maybe those who still have S1 installed can file share with Maxis' permission? lol...

[/ QUOTE ]
holding my breath, lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
holding my breath, lol

[/ QUOTE ]
Not only that, but one of the devs posted on the blog that they will be putting up a tutorial for making stuff, including the programs to do so.
Maybe somebody who knows how to drive the blog can post a link?

L

legscroft

ttl

Does anyone know why people are seeing old dining room chairs instead of the cc chairs i see?

L

legscroft

ok, but what do people have to do in order to see the custom content instead of those chairs? i see the custom content chair i made, they see the old dining chairs.

L

legscroft

hmm, well my roomie restarted her pc and still saw old chairs.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You would have to have it installed for it to work. However, you don't necessarily need the Transmogrifier to create cc in TSO, since the crafting bench is now a 'built-in transmogrifier'. All you need are the .iff files and a photo editing program..

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to know.
Im going to try it today and i'll see how it goes..

G

It took me restarting my game 3 times for the chairs I made to show up for me. Others could see them before I could.

I recolored a chair with good comfort, and I spent the, what I consider an outrageous price, to get it into the game and sadly it seems to have reverted back to little comfort. I hope this is just a bug.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

None of my chairs have comfort at all. Just fun. lol. The approval process is taking longer than 5 minutes. You will see old chairs until yours are approved.

I'm done draining the economy for today. I'll leave this CC thing to the experts.

G

I need help finding the chairs within the sims files..

File Path Anyone?

G

I would think they are within the far file here: C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims\GameData\Objects

Haven't used the Tmog in a long time, so I'm a bit rusty, sorry. Never used it much anyway.

G

From memory of 5+ years ago the chairs are in the various .far files and transmogrifier basically scans the far files and lists the .iff files within them? Then you select your specific chair to have transmogrifier export it so you can edit and modify it.

G

I uploaded a chair and after reseting my house a few times and spending some time at other houses, my chair appeared to others correctly. However, it was approved almost immediately.

My chair has only fun too, no comfort at all.

G

I reinstalled Sims1 today so that I could play around with chairs, but I've been trying to download the transmogithingymajig for ages and keep getting a proxy error

And in case anyone didn't see it yet, Thrill made an awesome guide to customising a chair on the wiki

Polly