• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do Tamers play at a HANDICAP when it comes to special items' drops ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NOTE. I am not interested in polemic discussions of playing a melee fighter or a tamer and all that blah blah.
Simply, and solely, I would like to know :
#1) Whether the code puts tamers at a gross disadvantage over other playing styles when it comes to special items drops;
#2) If such a disadvantage is coded in, how big it is as compared to other hunting styles.

Do tamers play at a handicap as compared to other, melee fighters, when it comes to getting a special item drop ?

I am asking, because too often I read posts from tamers saying that they try and try and try spending countless time at spawns but get no drop and then most always come some melee player debating what they are complaining about since they (the melee players...) got their drops in a much lower number of attempts.

So, I wonder, is there anything in the code that puts tamers to play at a handicap as compared to melee players, when it comes to receive a special item as a drop ?

I think players, tamer players, that is, have the right to know because wasting one's own time all for nothing ain't nice and, if code is there to put tamers play at a handicap when it comes to special items drop, I think these paying customers should know it and then make their responsible choice whether they still want to hunt using their tamer or not even if their chances at a special item drop are severely diminished.........

Thanks.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool.

This was answered fastly and firmly http://vboards.stratics.com/1891421-post28.html

Kudos to Logrus for looking at the code so quickly and dismissing the concerns so firmly.

I hope that this firm answer now settles for good the years' old rumors that tamers were coded at a gross disadvantage versus other playing styles, when it came to special items drops.